Menu
Highlighted
fuzzyducks
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

old ntlworld email address compromised

Hi

I have an old ntlworld email address that has been compromised by hackers who are using it to send spam on to others and I am also getting over a dozen login attempts to amazon / fortnite accounts every day (via request for OTP codes).. I don't use this account anymore  😞

From reading other threads I am aware that ntlworld email addresses are no longer supported and the account should have been closed after I moved broadband provider anyhow (a few years back!), therefore I was wondering could I please have this account closed? Happy for a moderator to PM me to sort. 

many thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: old ntlworld email address compromised

Good morning fuzzyducks

The Forum Team (VM employees) will deal with this for you / raise a ticket to IT.  Wait time can be a few minutes or a few days depending on their workload.

However, to allay any fears of existing ntlworld.com email address users who may read this thread - the email addresses are valid and supported IF you have a current paid-for VM broadband service AND your email address is linked to that billing account (see these images from myvirginmedia to show how you can check).

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@fuzzyducks wrote:

From reading other threads I am aware that ntlworld email addresses are no longer supported

WOW - that is two new community members in one morning that have found incorrect information. Can you show us a link to that information, fuzzyducks?  Maybe we can get the moderators to amend it if it is causing so much confusion.  I know forums aren't easy to search, so it would be good to see if we can help others.

0 Kudos
fuzzyducks
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks MissPasko, will I get a private message to respond to to progress raising the ticket / getting the account closed? 

Apologies, I meant that I am aware old ntlworld email addresses with no active broadband service attached are not granted customer support, not all ntlworld email addresses! 

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phew, glad to know it was just a little mistake.

Yes, the Forum Team's normal procedure is to reply on this thread to tell you that they have sent a PM to clear security etc.  It is then that you relay your personal details privately, not on the open forum.  Best wishes!

Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi fuzzyducks,

I have sent you a PM regarding this 🙂 

Thanks

Ben_N