cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old ntlworld.com email being used by someone else

BHO
Joining in

I signed up to Virgin back when it was NTL and created a ntlworld email account. I moved on to another account when Virgin took over and never really thought about that account still sitting in the background. 

Someone is now trying to use that account to hack in to my social media account and is trying to create new accounts using my name. I'm not IT savvy and have no idea how to even access this email account, but it still appears linked to my social media as I get emails on my current email address with PIN numbers to confirm my identity and I'm very concerned what is happening. I thought this account had been deleted, now I'm not so sure. Does Virgin have the power to delete this old account so I can stop this imposter? 

2 REPLIES 2

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They can indeed, wait for a virgin rep to get in touch with you here and they will delete the account for you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @BHO, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, and I'll work with you to have the E-Mail address removed

Kindest regards,

David_Bn