cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old ntl email that may have been hacked

mazbaz
Joining in

im unable to access my ntl email ,which i use for everything   im no longer a virgin customer and cannot contact virgin for a password reset.  what do i do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mazbaz wrote:

im unable to access my ntl email ,which i use for everything   im no longer a virgin customer and cannot contact virgin for a password reset.  what do i do ?

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately if you cannot reset the password via the Forgotten password route ( 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password ) then there is not really anything you can do.  The email account should have been closed 90 days after you ceased to be a VM broadband customer.  Sometimes they go on for longer but do eventually get deleted.

All you can do now is set up another free email account, preferably not attached to an ISP, and let all your contacts know your new email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mazbaz wrote:

Welcome to the community.  Unfortunately if you cannot reset the password via the Forgotten password route ( 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password ) then there is not really anything you can do.  The email account should have been closed 90 days after you ceased to be a VM broadband customer.  Sometimes they go on for longer but do eventually get deleted.

All you can do now is set up another free email account, preferably not attached to an ISP, and let all your contacts know your new email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mazbaz,

Thanks for posting, I am glad to see that you already got your answer from @Graham_A

Allow us to confirm the above is all correct, once you leave our services your email account should seize within 90 days from your disconnection.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this but this email would no longer be retrievable.

Hope this information helps.

Please, reply to my PM sent now as we will need to check our systems and ensure that the email address is fully deleted to avoid any further hacking issues.
Check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs