cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld spam being sent address book hacked

snowpicnic
On our wavelength

URGENT. My husband's ntlworld email address book seems to have been hacked; friends and contacts are receiving spoof or spam emails with the subject line 'Essential'. A response has been made by at least one contact and they get asked for iTunes scratch cards. It is worrying! What can be done? How has it happened.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Steven, sorry to get back to you so late in the day. I don't actually know how to change the password. I go into the account preferences and can't see that. It doesn't help that neither me nor Mark can remember the password. What next?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@snowpicnic The method for changing the password is set out in message 4 of this thread.

However, if you cannot even access the primary My Virgin Media account then try the forgotten password route to change the password.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there, 

Unfortunately the primary account, when I log into My Virgin Media, shows only my own details. No sign of my husband's having ever being set up (on that screen for accounts and the My Profile one anyway). I don't know how to get at it. If I tinkered with it, I suspect I would only end up changing my own password details, which I don't particularly need to do. What a mess.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case the VM Forum Team will need to investigate further.  @Steven_L will pick this up when he is next on shift.

@ModTeam 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks