cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld issues

CNielsen
Tuning in

I’ve been receiving an error message on my ntlworld.com email address since mid-morning. I’m asked to enter my password in email settings. My password is already there. None of the messages I have previously received or sent can be downloaded from the server so can to be read. I had a similar issue in August 2017. I think others may currently be experiencing similar issues.
To complicate matters, my ntlworld.com email address is a secondary account to our previous ntlworld.com email account that we can access on webmail but no longer use. The account I am referring to cannot be accessed on webmail, only through my mobile phone email client. I realise it’s not ideal to still be using this email address but need to be able to access messages at least in the short term while I get another email account from elsewhere and inform all my contacts. Can someone from virgin help, please? Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see that back in 2017 the Forum Team carried out a Move and transfer on your account.  If this email address was part of the process you should be able to get to the password change options via the Primary username that was created at that time.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Accessing-my-ntlword-com-email/m-p/3556544

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I see that back in 2017 the Forum Team carried out a Move and transfer on your account.  If this email address was part of the process you should be able to get to the password change options via the Primary username that was created at that time.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Accessing-my-ntlword-com-email/m-p/3556544

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks very much. When I log into Virgin Media with that email address, it allows me to do so but tells me it is a secondary account. When I scroll to and click ‘email’, I get the following message:

‘Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.’

As far as I know, I am using the correct password as I hadn’t touched the password in my email settings on my phone before I got the error message this morning. I did re-enter the password in the email settings on my phone, but it hasn’t made a difference; also, I haven’t tried to access this particular account through webmail for several years; I only ever access it through my default iPhone email client.

Thank you for any further insights!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A number of customers have found that changing the password for the email account concerned clears this 'mailbox unavailable' issue.

You should be able to do this via the My Virgin Media account even for a secondary account.

Alternatively try the forgotten password route:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

If that doesn't work post back and wait for the VM Forum Team to pick up this thread later on tomorrow.

Many thanks for your response.

I have been able to change my password for that email address now, but unfortunately it hasn’t made any difference and I still get the same message about unavailable mailbox, as well as the same message on my iPhone email settings, that there is no password, even though I’ve just entered it.

I will see if I get any solutions from the team tomorrow. Really appreciate your input.

I’ve checked just now and it’s working again. Thank you for your help!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CNielsen wrote:

I’ve checked just now and it’s working again. Thank you for your help!

Well done.

I should have added in my earlier reply that it can take up to an hour for the password change to filter through all the VM systems.

The VM Forum Team are still likely to respond tomorrow so you can either tell them all is working, or you could get them to check that the email address is fully tied to your current VM broadband account.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @CNielsen

Really sorry to hear that you have had some issues, however I am glad to hear that Graham_A has managed to advise in getting this resolved. 

I just wanted to check in and make sure that everything is still working. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi there,

Thanks! It is all working fine. Could you check my email account to make sure it is properly linked with my Virgin account, please? 

Many thanks, Catherine 

I am more than happy to check for you

I'll send you a PM now to assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill