cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email

mmq
Tuning in

Hi can someone help with getting an old Ntlworld email set up again

i know the email but forget my password. I contacted CS. They said they had reset ,to wait 2 days and go back and check but no change

any advice appreciated 

mick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mmq wrote:

any advice appreciated 

The "Your mailbox is not available at the moment....." error usually means that VM have locked the account for some reason. However, it may well be possible to unlock in yourself by resetting the password.

The advice in the error message is a bit confusing (in my view😉) but here's a hopefully more helpful outline of how you can reset the password, assuming you are a VM broadband customer.

Sign into your "My Virgin Media" account, that's the one were you can view your VM bills and package details) from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

• The MVM account interface is being updated but at the moment but once you have signed in you need to click on "Account settings" then "Account details"

• If the email address is your primary address it will be displayed and you can change the password from there

• If it is a secondary address you will need to click on the "Manage accounts" tab and select it from the list

• Once you have selected the address, click on View/Change to the right of the address

• Then click on Change to the right of password and follow the instructions

Be sure to change the password to something you have not used before. Once you have changed it there is no need to wait 2 days but best to leave it 30 minutes before trying to access the email account to allow time for the change to synchronise across the VM servers.

Try that and see if it works for you. If not, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to get this sorted for you. Post back how you get on with the password change.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

mmq
Tuning in

6C56DEC8-4674-42E8-AA88-749F3CEA2204.png

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mmq wrote:

any advice appreciated 

The "Your mailbox is not available at the moment....." error usually means that VM have locked the account for some reason. However, it may well be possible to unlock in yourself by resetting the password.

The advice in the error message is a bit confusing (in my view😉) but here's a hopefully more helpful outline of how you can reset the password, assuming you are a VM broadband customer.

Sign into your "My Virgin Media" account, that's the one were you can view your VM bills and package details) from here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

• The MVM account interface is being updated but at the moment but once you have signed in you need to click on "Account settings" then "Account details"

• If the email address is your primary address it will be displayed and you can change the password from there

• If it is a secondary address you will need to click on the "Manage accounts" tab and select it from the list

• Once you have selected the address, click on View/Change to the right of the address

• Then click on Change to the right of password and follow the instructions

Be sure to change the password to something you have not used before. Once you have changed it there is no need to wait 2 days but best to leave it 30 minutes before trying to access the email account to allow time for the change to synchronise across the VM servers.

Try that and see if it works for you. If not, one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange to get this sorted for you. Post back how you get on with the password change.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi coenoby,

many thanks for the advice.   I tried this but didn’t help.  The ntlworld account is listed but i cant edit or reset the password

i have contacted CS again. They have checked with their IT dept and ‘there is a known error’ they have raised a ticket and told me i will be able to login in the next 24 hours

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mmq 

Thanks for that update. Let's hope that VM do resolve that problems soon.

Coenoby

Fixed eventually 

3 days of watsap communication with CS but we got there

phew!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mmq,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with your email! I'm glad that you've been able to get in touch with the team and have this issue resolved.

If you come across any further errors, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to look into this. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs