Menu
bk51
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email problems

For the past couple of months during the lockdown I've had issues with my old ntlworld.com email account, I've tried asking for help through SMS and calling customer service but on both occasions I've been left hanging saying they will get back to me with no further responses so this forum is my last resort.

The main problem that I'm trying to fix is that I can't login to my ntlworld email through the virginmedia.com website, it keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. This is not really the issue the password is definitley correct because I'm still connected to IMAP with the same password on my mobile phone and desktop PC and are able to send and receive emails there mostly without issue.

I do however have issues with emails vanishing leading me to believe that somewhere there's a device logged in via POP3 downloading emails off the server, I have exhaustively tried to find this device without any luck. Because of these issues I've already created a new email account for myself on gmail which I will transition to over time but there are obviously still important emails coming through on ntlworld from contacts and accounts that haven't got the new email yet.

I need to login to my email via virginmedia.com to enable email forwarding and to change the password to log out other devices using the email, I understand that these emails are only available to Virgin Media customers and this is not the issue either because I'm still a customer after all these years. Please help I can send any information required via private messages.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email problems

Hi bk51,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your email, I am sorry if this has been going on for some time. 

Have you tried following the reset password route? If so what happens when you do this?

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
bk51
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for looking into this Megan, trying to reset the password by entering email username at forgotten password section gives the error message 'Unable to find your username'.
I've had a lot of different Virgin Media accounts through the years at different properties and while speaking to your colleagues over the phone regarding the same issue we were unable to find the account that the email address was linked to. I couldn't progress with any further attempts and the password still works with other email clients.
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back bk51. I'm unable to find your correct details, can you confirm that you have a residential account with us?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
bk51
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

At the moment I'm using a business account there have been switches between account types in the past depending on what was needed and how the internet was mostly used.
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah okay. Is the email in question linked to a residential account or the business account? I ask as we can only access residential ones.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
bk51
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is a very old ntlworld email address and I have no idea which Virgin Media residential account it was linked to in the past.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can try and find it. If it's linked to a residential account, I'll be able to see what's going on with it. Please reply back 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos