cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email password reset

technomad
Joining in

My father in-law recently got hacked and is using a ntlworld email address for everything. How do I go about resetting the password?

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

He will need to log in to his MyVirginMedia account.  The email address should be listed under his profile, and the password can be changed there. 

If it's not listed there then check this:  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

If he no longer has a Virgin broadband account then the email account has probably been closed

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

He doesn't have a broadband account any more, but the account is still most definitely active and receiving email. If it should have been disabled how do I flag it up to Virgin to get rid of it?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Virgin are in the process of closing all email accounts that aren't connected to current broadband accounts.  This seems to happen in stages and some users have been able to get temporary connection to save data.

To find the exact situation you will need to wait for a staff member to pick this up. But in any case he will need to get a new email address with another provider. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.