Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email not working

1uparcade
Joining in

Hi

can you help please

i have a few ntlworld addresses for the family, suddenly one of them has stopped working while others still work ok. i have not changed the password in the mail client.

i thought changing the password might work so i went to myvirginmedia tried to set a new password but it requires I login with the main ntlworld address i used to setup the other emails many years ago. this ntl email is currently working for receiving emails.  however it won't let me log into myvirginmedia, or reset my password or even when i put in my account number and area to get it reset as instructed it has no link to my account.

i have checked the status in my area and the service is ok apparently
we do have an issue with tivo box not working which an egineer is booked in to see
maybe just coincidence.

so i need to get into my main ntl email address on myvirginmedia, and then find out why the other ntl address has suddenly stopped working.

thanks for the advice

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@1uparcade wrote:

i have a few ntlworld addresses for the family, suddenly one of them has stopped working while others still work ok. i have not changed the password in the mail client.

So have you tried accessing that problem email account via the VM webmail service?  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/    If so what error does it give? That error message would give a better pointer to what the issue really is.

i thought changing the password might work so i went to myvirginmedia tried to set a new password but it requires I login with the main ntlworld address i used to setup the other emails many years ago.

In fact last year VM changed the way you reset passwords. These days each email account ,even secondary ones, have their own My Virgin Media Account. Now you have to sign into the My Virgin Media Account for the email address that needs the password resetting.

So if you want to change the password for that problem account try signing into My Virgin Media https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media with the Ntlworld address and password for the problem account

it requires I login with the main ntlworld address i used to setup the other emails many years ago

That suggests that ntlworld email account was set up under a previous VM broadband account, Does that ntlworld address show up on your current My Virgin Media Account under "Manage other Virgin Media Accounts". You can get to that section by clicking on the Account settings tab and then the Account details tab.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@1uparcade wrote:

i have a few ntlworld addresses for the family, suddenly one of them has stopped working while others still work ok. i have not changed the password in the mail client.

So have you tried accessing that problem email account via the VM webmail service?  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/    If so what error does it give? That error message would give a better pointer to what the issue really is.

yes, can not login under either email

first error "Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email."

if i enter forgot password and put in the email i get this

"Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media."

ive tried both emails primary and secondary bith the same message

i thought changing the password might work so i went to myvirginmedia tried to set a new password but it requires I login with the main ntlworld address i used to setup the other emails many years ago.

In fact last year VM changed the way you reset passwords. These days each email account ,even secondary ones, have their own My Virgin Media Account. Now you have to sign into the My Virgin Media Account for the email address that needs the password resetting.

can not login though under this either address,

So if you want to change the password for that problem account try signing into My Virgin Media https://virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media with the Ntlworld address and password for the problem account

it requires I login with the main ntlworld address i used to setup the other emails many years ago

That suggests that ntlworld email account was set up under a previous VM broadband account, Does that ntlworld address show up on your current My Virgin Media Account under "Manage other Virgin Media Accounts". You can get to that section by clicking on the Account settings tab and then the Account details tab.

i can not login to do this
the account was moved to my wifes name a few years back she kept the same email I used and ist the same one we get the bills on

its a bit strange 😞

thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@1uparcade wrote:

its a bit strange

Yes the whole thing seems very strange.

By the way the "Forgot your Password" process currently seems fragile and unreliable. It also relies on there being a "Password recovery" question previously set up on the email account. The ntlworld email account will not have that unless you have added one to the account  in the last few months so the forgotten password route would not have worked for you anyway.

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) will contact you via this thread and hopefully they will be able to get to the bottom of this.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 1uparcade,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see Ceonoby has already been helping you with this, but you're still trying to figure out what is causing the issue. 

Let's start from the beginning so I can get a good understand of this, if you don't mind 🧐

• What occurs when you try to sign in to the affected NTL email address? Could you supply a screenshot?
  • Are you still an active Virgin Media customer? 
  • Are you managing your email accounts via your Virgin Media online account
  • Have you performed anti-virus scans on all devices that have had access to the emails? If not, please do this now, then try resetting the passwords again. 
  • I have a link here which may help further with any other aspects 👉 Managing VM Emails 

Thanks,

Megan_L

hi Megan

i have taken screenshots

i'm trying to login with the primary email, i'm not sure if i'm using the right password because even though this email address works in my client its stored in the clients password manager. i put this password in years ago, anyway it won't let me reset the password even if i put in the account details

the account was once in my name, but now my wifes name we changed years ago, we kept the same email address though.

so i need to resert my primary email then i need to find out why my secondary email suddenly stopped working this week.

i can not log in to any myvirginmedia i even tried the app on my phone and website on the laptop, exactly the same errors below

on the 3rd screen shot its showing a weird error, the first time it gave me an error about not finding the account, i put the account details in straight from my latest bill.

ntl1.jpgntl2.jpgntl3.jpg

please advise

Hello 1uparcade.

Sorry this is still not working, thanks for the screen shots its makes our job a lot easier👍

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L