cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email not working

Schilky
Tuning in

This has happened to me as well. It holds all my work documents travel documents and vouchers. All my apps are associated with this. Have spent hours on the phone to no avail! If I could get access for 24 hours at least I could forward to another mailbox.

[MOD EDIT: Post split from old thread ]

15 REPLIES 15

iand23
Tuning in

It's so frustrating and agree with you. Just 24hrs to transfer info and open attachments. 

I've been backwards and forwards for 3 weeks trying various things.

I was even going to open a new account, but virgin don't supply to my little village!

Schilky
Tuning in

Without notice email address has been cancelled. Was due to fly out so couldn’t access all the COVID precautions and emails. I have so much I need to get off of it. Spent hours on the phone to no avail! Please help. I checked for the email. First part says yes second part says no. Left the previous property and new one doesn’t have virgin available. Even if we could access for one day at least we could message all the contacts to tell them of a change of mail. 

Hi @Schilky,

Thank you for your post. I'm really sorry to hear about this.

What happens when you attempt to access your email? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have just tried and now says username not recognised. This is slightly different from the other times as now it doesn’t go passed the username. Before we could try and change the password and then still it would say not recognised.  Many thanks

Hi @Schilky

Thanks for coming back to us. Is the email linked to an active Virgin Media cable account? If not, it's potentially deleted as per the terms and conditions

What you can try is running malware scans on all devices and then resetting the password to something new and unique. Then leave it 30 minutes before trying the mailbox.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Had it for years at the old address but Ayling Lane in Aldershot does not have Virgin Media.  I know you say terms and conditions but surely some notice or a message would have alerted us to the fact it was going to be deleted. I have have read on so many of these that they had it without the account and then gone.  When you send an email to the address it’s not coming back via postmaster so I am assuming it’s still working.  If it could be made active for 24 hours then we could transfer all the data on it.  

please help. It has some very important documents we need to access. 

many thanks

@Schilky it is, I'm afraid, quite likely that you won't be able to access the email again. The mailbox containing all of the emails might still exist and be accepting new mail, but the associated user account (ie your email address and password) has probably either been deleted or disabled in preparation for deletion. Hence the 'username not recognised' message - the systems no longer know who you are and even if they did, you no longer have access to the mailbox.

If it has just been disabled, then there may be a chance that it can be temporarily reactivated, and I must stress the word 'temporarily' but if it has already been deleted, then as far as I know, that's the end of the line - a new account can't be created and given access to the old mailbox.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Schilky,

We are unable to re-enable an email from a disconnected broadband account, the only thing can can suggest is what John has mentioned - What you can try is running malware scans on all devices and then resetting the password to something new and unique. Then leave it 30 minutes before trying the mailbox.

I am sorry for the inconvenience if this does not work.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

What if I can change the email to another virgin account. Our mother and father has an active virgin account