Menu
HPotter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email not working in Outlook since yesterday

Hi

Yesterday my ntlworld email address was not sending email, but able to receive ok. This morning it's not sending or receiving via outlook. Its fine on my iPad and via webmail. I have checked the outlook settings and they are as they should be. Microsoft are saying its a VM fault. My husbands email is doing the same thing and the message we are getting is the password prompt box, over and over again. Yesterday it was the authentication box!

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: ntlworld email not working in Outlook since yesterday

Forum Team have acknowledged a fault, and that technical team are working on it.  They have not responded to all posters here, though, and although the issue started 4-5 days ago, there is nothing on the central faults notices (for me).

You should be able to send and receive using webmail- while not ideal for everyone, it does work.  We should all try to be patient!

https://mail2.virginmedia.com

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
PostmanMike
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have had a similar problem since Sunday on ntlworld e-mail. Since Sunday, I can't send e-mails from Microsoft Outlook or my iPhone. On Outlook I now get the window requesting my SMTP Server password and on iPhone it just doesn't send. Prior to that I could send e-mails from both with no problems. I can currently only send e-mails from Virgin Media Webmail. 

I have no problems receiving e-mails on Outlook or iPhone.

Also, is there a problem with My Virgin Media? I have logged into it several times as I was going to change my password (thinking that is a possible reason for the sudden inability to send e-mails) but I can't get into account settings. All I can get is the message that the site isn't available as they are doing some essential work on their systems.  

Can anyone shed any light on these issues?

Thanks.

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@PostmanMike wrote:

Can anyone shed any light on these issues?

Thanks.

Virgin have posted a sticky note for both problems.  Please start your own thread if you have specific queries, rather than piling on someone else's situation.  That is the etiquette on this forum.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Password-resets/td-p/4004095

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/POP-IMAP-Email-Access/td-p/4004089

The work around is to use webmail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos