cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email not recognising login

Krys2
Tuning in

I usually access email in Outlook but this stopped working yesterday - I repeatedly got a box asking for password to be entered and when I did the box just reappeared and Outlook wouldn't open. I've restored my laptop to several earlier points but the problem persisted. Accessing email via Virgin mail log in didn't work; I got a message that my mailbox is unavailable and to try again later or to phone for help.

I've had a long session with one of your help guys this morning. He reset my password but when I tried to login I kept getting the message that my username/password are not recognised. Your help guy told me that there is an issue at Virgin with emails and wasn't able to offer any other advice (except presumably to wait??).

I've tweeted about this as I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere and the response was to seek help here on this Forum. 

I am a virginmedia customer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Krys2  Good that you have got it sorted out.  For future reference it is safe to respond to Private Messages sent from VM Forum Team staff.  They are employees of Virgin Media.  You can identify them by their forum rank which will be 'Forum Team' and they have the red VM infinity icon to the left of their names.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Krys2 wrote:

I usually access email in Outlook but this stopped working yesterday - I repeatedly got a box asking for password to be entered and when I did the box just reappeared and Outlook wouldn't open. I've restored my laptop to several earlier points but the problem persisted. Accessing email via Virgin mail log in didn't work; I got a message that my mailbox is unavailable and to try again later or to phone for help.

I've had a long session with one of your help guys this morning. He reset my password but when I tried to login I kept getting the message that my username/password are not recognised. Your help guy told me that there is an issue at Virgin with emails and wasn't able to offer any other advice (except presumably to wait??).

I've tweeted about this as I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere and the response was to seek help here on this Forum. 

I am a virginmedia customer.

This is quite a common issue usually caused by VM security locking the account to protect your email account.  If a password change has not resolved the issue then you will need to wait for the VM Forum team to reach this thread.  They should be able assist with regaining access to the account provided it is properly attached to your current VM broadband account.

They should respond sometime tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Krys2
Tuning in

I can't offer any advice, just want to let you know that I have the same problem and the help guy wasn't able to sort this out. He changed my password for me and I still wasn't able to get access to my emails. My email hasn't been accessible since yesterday. 

Krys

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Krys2,

I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details and help reset your login.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks Graham.

I ended up phoning VM  for help as I'm new to this forum and wasn't sure about allowing access to my account to someone on here (ultra careful!!). When I phoned, the password still couldn't be reset so the issue was escalated to 'second line'? department and I was told to wait 48 hours. It actually took more like 72 hours but access was restored to the main account and the email accounts I'd had a problem with.

To be fair, I've been with VM and its predecessors (Nynex rings a bell!) since we first had cable installed in our area and have rarely experienced any problems.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Krys2  Good that you have got it sorted out.  For future reference it is safe to respond to Private Messages sent from VM Forum Team staff.  They are employees of Virgin Media.  You can identify them by their forum rank which will be 'Forum Team' and they have the red VM infinity icon to the left of their names.

Hi @Krys2

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Glad to hear the team have managed to resolve the issue, please do contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs