cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld email forwarding - how to stop it?

monkmad
Tuning in

Hi VM,

I had an old ntlworld account which I setup to forward emails incase anything got missed when I exported out to another email provider. Last few weeks or so I've started getting many spam messages a day from it. I feel I no longer need the forwarding to be in place for this old ntlworld email - how do I go about getting the forwarding turned off.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monkmad wrote:

how do I go about getting the forwarding turned off.

I am assuming that you no longer have access to the email account, in which case here are your options:

1) If you are no longer a Virgin Media broadband customer then the best course of action is to have the email account deleted.

One of the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees who support this forum) can arrange that for you. One of them will pick up this thread in the next day or so and  contact you via the forum.

2) If you are still a Virgin Media customer and the email account is not your primary address then you could either delete the account yourself or regain access to the account and remove the auto forward yourself.

• Regain access to the account by signing in to your My Virginmedia account here https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers . Find the account you need update in the list of email accounts and click on View/Change. Then click on Change > just below "Password" . That will allow you to reset the password and you should then be able to access the email account  from here  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   and remove the autoforward in the webmail account.
  • Or if you are happy to delete the old address,sign in to your My Virginmedia account here https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers . Find the account you need to delete in the list of email accounts and click on View/Change.  Then click on Delete this account but make sure you are deleting the correct email address.

Hope that helps 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monkmad wrote:

how do I go about getting the forwarding turned off.

I am assuming that you no longer have access to the email account, in which case here are your options:

1) If you are no longer a Virgin Media broadband customer then the best course of action is to have the email account deleted.

One of the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees who support this forum) can arrange that for you. One of them will pick up this thread in the next day or so and  contact you via the forum.

2) If you are still a Virgin Media customer and the email account is not your primary address then you could either delete the account yourself or regain access to the account and remove the auto forward yourself.

• Regain access to the account by signing in to your My Virginmedia account here https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers . Find the account you need update in the list of email accounts and click on View/Change. Then click on Change > just below "Password" . That will allow you to reset the password and you should then be able to access the email account  from here  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   and remove the autoforward in the webmail account.
  • Or if you are happy to delete the old address,sign in to your My Virginmedia account here https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers . Find the account you need to delete in the list of email accounts and click on View/Change.  Then click on Delete this account but make sure you are deleting the correct email address.

Hope that helps 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thanks for your advice. I don't think I control that account anymore as I forwarded the emails from ntlworld.com email as the email name was changing from ntlworld.com to virginmedia.com. I left VM and came back twice so won't have access to that ntlworld account, but I now want to stop the forwarding of emails from ntlworld.com as it's just spam.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@monkmad wrote:

I now want to stop the forwarding of emails from ntlworld.com as it's just spam.

Of course, it's a pain receiving lots of spam from an account you no longer control.

If you have no access to the account you obviously never use it so I still think the best solution is to have the account deleted.

As I said earlier, one of the Forum Team (Virgin Media employees who support this forum) can arrange that for you. One of them will pick up this thread in the next day or so and contact you via the forum.

The only thing that slightly muddies the water for me is your comment "I forwarded the emails from ntlworld.com email as the email name was changing from ntlworld.com to virginmedia.com". I had assumed that you set up the auto forward because you set up a new non Virgin Media email account after leaving VM.

No-one can change the name of an email account although I do remember in their early days VirginMedia did have an idealistic vision of giving all their customers new @VirginMedia.com email accounts to replace their ntlworld and blueyonder email accounts.

That was never going to happen because the vast majority of customers wanted to keep their original email address.   It is true that VM stopped allowing new "@ntlworld.com" addresses to be created but any ntlworld.com addresses that are linked to a Virgin Media Broadband account are still going strong and with their original addresses. I have a couple of them although in truth I rarely use them.

Coenoby

Hi monkmad,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you're currently receiving spam emails, we certainly understand the frustration caused.

As our valued member @coenoby, has already given some excellent advice. We can get this old ntlworld email address deleted for you if you request.

Please let us know if this is something you would like to do, and I will send you a private message over to take some details.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi yes please - sorry for the delayed responce.

Thank you for that confirmation monkmad.

I will private message you now to get some details. 

^Martin