Menu
MHC63
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ntlworld email disabled due to invalid credentials

I have one VM account with additional email addresses for my wife and son linked to the same account. A few days ago my son and wife stopped being able to send or recieve emails and got messages saying their account had been disabled. I tried logging out of the account and back in but then found that I had been disabled as well. I recieved a text message informing me the account had been blocked and to reset my password. I did this and my emails have been fine since then but my wife and sons emails are still disabled. I have tried resetting the passwords on their emails settings page but get a message saying Validation of server imap.ntlworld.com failed due to invalid credentials. I did try the webchat to see if I could sort it out that way but was told he couldn't help and someone would contact me, haven't heard anything for more than two days now so thought I would try the forum.

Would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ntlworld email disabled due to invalid credentials

Yes, I think so. That message is unique to the VM web mail page. You need to be in My Virginmedia - manage accounts to reset the other passwords.  Log-in with your primary e-mail address ( ie yours and your password).  You'll see all your addresses there. It is also where you should have been to re-set yours so I don't understand what you did.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
MHC63
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your help, I followed your instructions and it has worked.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is an important lesson here. The VM web mail interface manages e-mail and what accounts you collect from and what happens to mail. The My Virginmedia pages manage your account credentials such as passwords. The two are necessarily separate because of the way the VM system manages accounts overall. Not directed at you in particular but others may find this useful.

Glad we could help.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear HowardML was able to provide a resolution for the email issues and that this has now been resolved.

If you need us again  the future please on't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob