cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com mail accounts not synching in windows 10,11,etc

fedupwithvm2050
Joining in

NTLWORLD issues 

Why does VM not sort out the Ntlworld email issues God knows there are enough of them to warrant hanging on to these customers.

Not supporting this email is bad business sense.

please offer a compromise i.e. changing NTLworld.com accounts to VM.com etc.

::/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Providing that the Ntlworld email address is correctly linked to a current Virgin Media broadband account it is fully supported by VM.

@fedupwithvm2050  If you are having issues with your email account and are a current VM broadband customer then post some details here of the specific issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Providing that the Ntlworld email address is correctly linked to a current Virgin Media broadband account it is fully supported by VM.

@fedupwithvm2050  If you are having issues with your email account and are a current VM broadband customer then post some details here of the specific issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi Graham

Thanks for your reply. I am not a VM tv.broadband customer. However I have a mobile phone contract with VM which I am happy with.

Should it matter that I do not have BB contract with VM.

Thier contracts are too expensive for me as a pensioner.

All anyone wants is for ntlworld.com etc to be recognised and supported as a historical part to virgin media. regardless of provider. All I need is a way to change my password in my android email server settings. which After trawling the internet is impossible. unless you can change it with supplier. and as supplier i.e. VM is not recognising my user name i.e.cooky1@ntlworld.com I am at an impasse..

if you are not working for VM why are you commenting. I have read your posts to other community members. You are implying that all of us must subscribe to VM or lose our much loved old email addresses. 

Once again thanks for your reply. At least someone is responding.

Very best regards

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@fedupwithvm2050 wrote:

1) if you are not working for VM why are you commenting. I have read your posts to other community members.

2)You are implying that all of us must subscribe to VM or lose our much loved old email addresses. 

3) VM is not recognising my user name i.e.xxxxxxxxxx@ntlworld.com

4) I am at an impasse..

5) . I am not a VM tv.broadband customer.

To answer your points:

1) I do not work for VM either. The reason Graham and I have responded is because this is the Virgin Media Community Forum. It is a forum where VM customers offer help and advice to follow VM customers. The forum is supported by VM employees but in most cases it is people like Graham and myself who are the first responders.

2) It is not a case of implying, it is a fact that to use any VM email address, whether virgin.net, ntlworld.com, blueyonder.co.uk or virginmedia.com, the email account must be linked to a live VM broadband account. VM do allow an email account to be used for 90 days after the broadband account has been closed. However, in reality many of these email accounts seem to live on, often years, after the broadband account has been closed but VM do catch up with them eventually and close them down.

That brings us on to:

3) That error message suggests that VM have now caught up with your ntlworld address and closed it down. Sadly, VM never seem to give any warning before they close an email account.

4) Well, yes, it's the end of the road for your ntlworld address I'm afraid. There are any free email services available, see here for some options https://www.toptenreviews.com/best-free-email-services and I would suggest going with one of those.

5) One of the Forum team (VM staff who support this forum) will pick up on your post in a day or so and contract you via the forum.  However, as you are no longer a VM broadband customer they are extremely limited in the help they can provide to you.

Finally, I must say that I do not enjoy giving bad news to people like yourself but there is no way of sugar coating the facts. 😞

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hello @fedupwithvm2050,

Welcome! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your Email.

I located your old broadband account using your forums details, it is not showing as locked or deleted, it is still showing as enabled. Which means there should be no reason why your email is not working. Also it should be deleted 90 days after you disconnect so I would recommend making a new email address and sending important files over just incase it locks soon.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide