cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com email nightmare

msmj
Tuning in

I've been "locked out" of my ntlworld email.  Having looked on this forum there seem to be so many people having the same problem .. ringing 150 and being told they are no longer supporting NTLworld server/emails... getting "page not available" messages on links ... going round in circles! 

Quite a few of the helpful answers seem to require changing the password on the VM account - but I'm hesitant to do this as it is likely a verification link will be sent through to the ntlworld email that I can no longer access !

I've tried resetting imap and smtp but just get a message: virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-unavailable - telling me to reset my password - !

And round I go ....   has anyone found a way will unlock my ntlworld email - at least so I can get to my contacts list and perhaps folders ??

(I've opened a gmail account temporarily )

Has anyone any news of 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for completeness - I have had a PM from @msmj saying that after reading my post they have now been able to reset their password and regain access to their email account.

So case closed. 😊

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@msmj 

You have raised a lot of issues in your post but I'll try to deal with all of them:

"I've been "locked out" of my ntlworld email."

If you are getting the "Mailbox unavailable" error message then resetting the password often unlocks the email account. However it is impossible to give any specific advice on how to resolve your situation without more specific information on the exact error message you are getting.

"ringing 150 and being told they are no longer supporting NTLworld server/emails"

Virgin Media definitely does still support ntlworld email accounts - as long as you are still a VM broadband customer. If you no longer have a VM broadband account then VM will eventually close your email account if they have not done so already - that could be the cause of your problems.

"getting "page not available" messages on links ... going round in circles!"

It's difficult to comment on that without knowing which VM page you are  trying to access and exactly what error message are you seeing.

"require changing the password on the VM account ....I'm hesitant to do this as it is likely a verification link will be sent through to the ntlworld email that I can no longer access !"

VM's  security on password changes does not include sending verification links. If you change the password on a secondary VM email account they normally send an email to your primary email address but that's just an advice of the change.

"I've tried resetting imap and smtp"

If you are getting advice to reset your password that means changing the password on the VM email account itself first and then updating the password in the email settings in your email app or client..

"And round I go ...."

Well, without a lot more specific detail on exactly what error messages you are getting it's very difficult to offer an advice. The error message you get when you try accessing your ntlworld email account on the VM website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   would be a good start.😉

However, assuming you are a VM broadband customer you could start by resetting the password on the VM email account if you like.

Sign in with the email address and password of the problem Ntlworld email account from here: https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn   If successful you should be able to navigate to the Account Details page where you will find the option to "edit" the password for that account.should be able to navigate to the Account Details page where you will find the option to "edit" the password for that account.

I hope that helps and does not confuse you even more. 😕

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for completeness - I have had a PM from @msmj saying that after reading my post they have now been able to reset their password and regain access to their email account.

So case closed. 😊

Coenoby