cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com email login

netball
Tuning in

my ntlworld.com e-mail is asking for a password which when I enter the password is saying incorrect.

how do I go about re-setting the password please?

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@netball wrote:

my ntlworld.com e-mail is asking for a password which when I enter the password is saying incorrect.

That error message appears to be coming from the third party email client (such as Microsoft's Mail or Outlook) or an email app on your phone.

Sadly, when these apps and clients cannot access the VM email server they often default to reporting a password problem when in fact the underlying issue lies elsewhere.

The first thing to trouble shoot the problem is to see what error message you get when you try to sign into that email account directly via the VM webmail service. Enter that ntlworld email address here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and then enter the existing password when prompted.

See what error message (if any) that you get and then follow step 1) or 2) as appropriate.

1) If you get the "mailbox unavailable" message then you will need to rest the password.. You can do that by signing into the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address:

Sign into the "My Virgin Media" account for that email address from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using that ntlworld email address and existing password. 

Once you have signed in click on the "Account settings" tab and then the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.  Change the password to one you have never used before and then sign out. Then leave it at least 30 minutes before trying to access the email account.

2) If you get any other error message from the VM website then post that error message on here.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi I have tried as suggested, and entering my password I get the following message:

Sign in again

There was a problem signing in to your account. Enter your password again. if you've changed your password recently, make sure you enter the new password.

also have tried updating password and get this error message:

validation of server imap.ntlworld.com failed due to invalid credentials

Hi @netball 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your NTL email. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to help. I have sent you a private message to further look into this for you. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @netball on the forums.

I'm glad to hear your email queries have been resolved by my colleague Akua.
As advised - if you have any troubles, reach out to us here and we'll assist as much as we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs