cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com email account locked, can't enter new password

willclare
Tuning in

For the last two days my ntlworld.com account hasn't worked, it won't accept the usual username/password combination. 

I found the suggestion to enter the following:

curl -sv smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

This gave me an error code of VM303, saying a 'new password is needed'.

I've tried resetting my password on MyVirginMedia, and it's not accepting my security answer and date of birth, even though I know these are correct. 

I've tried contacting Virgin, and was told yesterday that they had a technical issue and to call back later, I tried again, same message.

Help or suggestions would be very welcome, two days without email feels like an eternity and I'm expecting urgent emails!

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi willclare, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with accessing your mail. 

We can certainly take a look at this for you however we will need to pass data protection with you first. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry willclare, 

I've tried to send you a private message but it looks as though you have these disabled. 

Please click on your name in the top right hand corner > Edit Profile > Preferences > Private messages. Once here please tick the box that says 'Turn on private messages' then save changes. 

Pop a post back here to let us know you've done this and we'll then be able to help you further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry Kath

Only just picked up your message, private messages now allowed.

FYI, after 5 days and 4 calls to Virgin, they have just managed to get me access again.  I've no idea what the problem was, and I sense Virgin doesn't either.  But it's working for now.

Best regards

Will

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @willclare,

Thank you for the update 🙂 I am glad it is working for you now.

If you need anything else you know where to find us.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide