cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving any blueyonder emails

zip
Joining in

after having been locked out of my Blueyonder account, as advised I changed my password however since then I have not received any emails to this account. As a definitive test, I sent an email from my Gmail account earlier this morning and I have yet to receive it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi

My first thought is that you are getting spam - so your mailbox is working.

I would take another look at that autoforwarding rule.  Start by turning it off then send yourself a mail and see if it arrives.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sign into webmail and select ⚙ > E-Mail > Filter Rules and confirm there are no unexpected rules set. Should there be any then follow the advice here My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

That was the first task I did. All I have is auto-forward which I've had in place for some time.

I was locked out of my email for over a week after I received a notification from Virgin that I'd been compromised, then I reluctantly changed my password however since then, the last 3 days, I do not appear to be receiving any emails, actually, I did receive just one today, which was spam mail to my spam mail folder.

I have sent 2 emails from Gmail addresses I have which I've not received. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Delivery of messages to your email account's mailbox should not be impacted by lockout or forced change of password so for the moment I am stumped as to why you are not receiving emails.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi

My first thought is that you are getting spam - so your mailbox is working.

I would take another look at that autoforwarding rule.  Start by turning it off then send yourself a mail and see if it arrives.

Tim

Solved, but somehow the 'keep a copy of the message' was unticked, not sure why this was the case as I had never altered it.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Double check the address in the auto forwarding rule in case it's been changed as well.

If I were a scammer I'd make sure that there were no copies of a forwarded mail reach your inbox and then change the address to mine.

After all, If I wanted to hack other accounts, I'd need to make sure I got any password reset emails.

With that in mind, I'd check any other accounts for suspicious activity - Also consider setting up 2 factor authentication or some other form of secure authentication linked to a separate device such as a mobile phone with accounts that support it.

Tim