Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

no incoming email

Hi,    I have received no email since Friday 29/11    and this is unheard of because of Ebay / Groupon etc.    I 've done all the checks that are recommended in other posts that I've read but nothing helps.My email address is correctly displayed in My Virgin profile.  I can log-in and get to my inbox no problem, and I can send email as normal but I cannot receive, any help please. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: no incoming email

The most common reason for this issue is – that someone has discovered or guessed your email password and has set up an auto-forward in your webmail settings. This forwards all your incoming emails to the address of a hacker without you even seeing them.

Follow all the advice here -

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked -

and change the password first – to something not easily guessed.

When you have done all this, send yourself a test email and check that it arrives in your inbox - and stays there.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

thanks but there's no forwarding address and it's not enabled.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you send yourself a test email?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bill,     I can send to another email address but I do not receive the reply,   thanks

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@havantaclew wrote:

Hi Bill,     I can send to another email address but I do not receive the reply,   thanks

I think the question really referred to what happens when a test message is sent to your VM address. 🙂  For example, do you get an error message back? 

You can set up a Gmail account here https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en  to use as a test account to send a meesage to your VM address.

Coenoby

Edited to give the correct link.

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

thanks for that,                   I have an outlook email acc.        this has received an email from my Virgin acc. normally,   I have used it to send a return message and it shows as 'sent' with no error showing. My Vm inbox however remains empty. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@havantaclew wrote:

thanks but there's no forwarding address and it's not enabled.

Are there any unexpected filter rules under , Settings, ▸ Email, Filter Rules?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If we assume that your settings have no Auto-forward, and no strange filters, can you also specifically confirm

(a) that your webmail Spam setting is – “Move message to Spam folder”, and,

(b) the “missing” emails are not in your Spam folder.

When I asked you to send an email message to yourself, I really did mean it -

Login to webmail/ click on Compose/ put your address in the “To” line/ put “Test” in the subject line and - put something/anything at all in the message content area and -  Hit send.

The message should appear in your Inbox in a matter of seconds.

The above is the shortest possible route between your Sent Objects and Inbox folders. They are both on a set of servers within the same VM data centre and failure to deliver the message between these servers could indicate a disconnect between parts of your email account.

Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Bill,       sorry I misunderstood your previous about sending myself a message.   I have now done as you suggest and yes I did receive the message almost immediately.     My spam setting is 'move to spam folder'  and there's nothing new in there since last Friday.  I have disable the spam filters that I had enabled trying to filter out those damn 'headlines@trib*** '   spams.   Thanks for your help, but as yet inbox is still empty.

0 Kudos