Menu
Sanderson63
Settling in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no emails loading

My Virgin.net email has stopped receiving emails. I can still send ok, I have tested against 3 separate accounts & they all receive an email from me. I can log in & send emails so I assume the password cannot be the problem. Happened around 10pm on Friday night  

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: no emails loading

There are sometimes bottlenecks which reduce the incoming emails, but it shouldn't last days.

When you log into the billing area at myvirgin media - do you see the email address listed on the my profile (scroll down to My services) or manage accounts tabs?  I'm trying to ascertain if your email address is properly linked to your virgin billing account.

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Sanderson63
Settling in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Miss Pasko, thanks for responding so quickly. That email address appears everywhere in my profile - it's the only service I now use with Virgin. I set this account up years ago when I had Virgin cable, but moved house outside the virgin cable area 14 years ago.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So you DON'T have Virgin broadband service now?  Broadband is a requirement for email addresses to be provided.  After 90 days, the email service should cease and the email address and storage will be deleted from Virgin's system.

You should take this time to save everything you need from your emails and contact list and start setting up with another (preferably non-ISP linked) email address.  There is no time to waste.

edited to add : not sure how you have logged into the billing area?, but maybe a SuperUser or Forum Team member can figure that out!

MissPasko
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here is a link to get you started, but feel free to come back if you have any questions.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

Sanderson63
Settling in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Miss Pasko

Thanks  -

I have not had Virgin broadband, TV or telephone for well over a decade, and this has not happened before.  Is it odd that I can still log in & send emails ?  

Do you think its possible to get an auto forward for a period ? I have all kinds of important things connected (HMRC, flight bookings, schools, etc) and have had this account for about 20 years

Thanks again

Charles

0 Kudos
Sanderson63
Settling in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again

Is there a chance of getting it reactivated for a short period, so I can unravel all my connections - I booked flights to the US for me & my family over the weekend, still using that email account, so confirmations never arrived.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am no expert, but have been reading this forum for a few months.  I've gleaned that these orphan accounts (https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073) are being found and deleted.  The access to webmail stops first, then the mailbox is permanently deleted.  It is not odd, just read here for a while and you'll see a steady stream of people who are hacked long after leaving, or crying that they need access to the mailbox and it is gone.

You may be able to use a client, and can check your settings in the email client you are using in case that is causing the immediate problem, or try Thunderbird which is free:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients

But it doesn't matter how long you have been using it - you don't have any rights to do so, as it is reserved for paying customers.  The Forum staff will only be able to speed up the deletion in case of hacking.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sanderson63,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

What you have been advised is correct after 90 days of deactivation of an account any emails address attached to the account should be deleted.

^Martin

0 Kudos