cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no access to virgin.net email for 3 days

KFSR
Joining in

Good afternoon,

I have been a customer of Virgin for the last 21 years whilst living in England. 

As I went back home abroad 2 weeks ago, I organised for Virgin to cancel my account for Broadband, landline and TV as I am no longer living in England.

Since Tuesday 17th August, I keep on getting the message from virginmedia  telling me that my inbox is unavailable. 

It has been my main email address for 21 years and the one I have used to organise my international house move as well, so you can guess all the important contacts and accounts I have with it. 

Could I please get some help as I am very worried about people contacting me and not getting any reply from me.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Welcome to the Community Forum.

On ceasing to be a VM broadband customer your email account should remain accessible for 90 days before it gets closed down.  VM webmail access is first to go followed be access via an email client such as Thunderbird.

As you say it has only been two weeks since you moved away I will ask the Virgin Media Forum Team to take a look at this as a priority issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Welcome to the Community Forum.

On ceasing to be a VM broadband customer your email account should remain accessible for 90 days before it gets closed down.  VM webmail access is first to go followed be access via an email client such as Thunderbird.

As you say it has only been two weeks since you moved away I will ask the Virgin Media Forum Team to take a look at this as a priority issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Many thanks, Graham, that would be great and very helpful!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KFSR

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to private message you now to investigate this matter further and to collect some more information.

Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KFSR wrote:

Many thanks, Graham, that would be great and very helpful!

Look out for the Private Message that the VM Team have sent you.  Scroll up the page to the Purple envelope icon in the top right corner of the screen.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @KFSR

That message has been sent now and will be in your inbox in the top right 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks, Travis, that would be lovely.

Many thanks, Graham, I have just found it!

Many thanks, Travis, and sorry for taking so long in answering it.