cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no access to my virgin .net

Darramy
Joining in

Suddenly with no warning I cant access my virgin.net e mail.

Just get Forbidden on the screen.

I used the chat line to virgin, and I suddenly had access for a short while, then #i was locked out. No access on my tablet of phone either. 

chat line will not even reply now.

I have never subscribed to Virgin Media, but used this address for 25 years. 

I have set up a new address with another provider, but would like to access the old account to save my email content to another place.

Any ideas?

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Sololobo
Superstar

Sadly, no Virgin Media broadband account - no Virgin Media email service.

See here for more information: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

@Darramy as advised above, sorry but no, it has gone. Really it should have been deleted ages ago and the fact that it has carried on working all this time is a testament to VM’s dysfunctional and incompetent operations - but eventually time and fate catches up and it finally gets deleted.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try accessing the account:

• using your web browser's Incognito / Private mode; either Ctrl + Shift + N or Ctrl + Shift + P
  • from a different network, i.e. IP Address

Should the issue be resolved then, as a mater of urgency, backup it up and then make sure Virgin Media delete it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Darramy, thanks for the message, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email address and as you are not a customer it would be deleted. You would need to be an active customer to use the email address and when disconnected we would purge accounts. Can you check the following link here to see if it is showing as valid? Chris