cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple virgin email account access

johnxf
On our wavelength

Hi Virgin,

I am a current customer of Virgin Media although I am travelling abroad at the moment.  I have a number of email accounts with Virgin and have been tryong to access one of them that belongs to my wife - [REMOVED] .  My main account email is, [REMOVED] .

The account address at home is:

[REMOVED]

Please let me know if I need to go through any security with you as required.  I can log into my [REMOVED] account but not the one beginning with [REMOVED] ...however, I would like to do so.  I am working through a secondary account at present so may need to go to my primary to view all email accounts - could you please advise...

Kind regards,

John

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

21 REPLIES 21

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnxf wrote:

Please let me know if I need to go through any security with you as required.  I can log into my [REMOVED] account but not the one beginning with [REMOVED] ...however, I would like to do so.  I am working through a secondary account at present so may need to go to my primary to view all email accounts - could you please advise...

If you know the email address and password for your primary account you can use this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index   and sign into your 'My Virgin Media' account using the red button.

When you are signed in, click on the 'My Profile' tab and 'Manage accounts'. You will see a list of all email addresses associated with your account and clicking on 'View/Change' for the account you wish to access will give you the option to reset/change the password.

Bear in mind that your wife will need to know the new password to allow her to continue to access the account. 😉

If you cannot access your Primary account it would be best to wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees) to pick up this thread. That may take a while and you will need to go through security with them before they can help you.

Do not post your email address or personal details here.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johnxf
On our wavelength

Hello Coenoby,

Your advice sounds good but I can't access my primary account.  I can only see my secondary account at the moment.  I'm not sure what the process is to contact or flag with one of the VM team unless you have any ideas?

Regards,

John 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnxf wrote:

I'm not sure what the process is to contact or flag with one of the VM team unless you have any ideas?

Sorry, I should have clarified that in my post.

The only route is to wait for them to contact you through this forum. During the week that does not usually take too long but being the weekend it could possibly be Monday before they get to you.

One other option you could use to try to access the relevant email account is to use this link https://mail.virginmedia.com  and click just on the 'Forgotten your password? option on the signin page.

When prompted for username enter the email address you wish to access and then answer the security question. (Such as 'Mother's maiden name?' that was set up originally.) You may need to type the answers in UPPER CASE.

If successful that will allow you to reset/change the password and gain access.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

johnxf
On our wavelength

Much obliged Coenoby,

However, it looks like I will have to wait for VM to pick this up as I did try your suggestion but the password hint section was NOT recognised.

Kind regards,

John

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johnxf, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I've popped you over a private message so I can go through security with you, get back to me when you can.

Alex_Rm

johnxf
On our wavelength

Hi Virgin,

I am having some issues with my email login.  Every time I try to login, I get a pop-up box asking me to confirm my password for the SMTP server.  I've done this several times and it keep coming back and popping up again.

I then went into VM and tried changing my password under My Profile but that still didn't work - it keep popping up.

It is critical that I have access as I am working abroad at the moment so your help would be very much appreciated,

Regards,

John Fraser

Hi johnxf, thanks for the message. Can you confirm if this is happening on multiple browsers and on different devices? Can you see the following link please: here Chris 

johnxf
On our wavelength

Hi Chris,

It is happening on my Lenovo laptop for Outlook.

So, I can still access my email from the VM site itself - I can also get to the email in VM via my mobile using VM login.

The challenge appears to be with Outlook itself.

What is the best thing to do - follow the instructions you sent or other?

I recall having an issue like this in the past and one of your colleagues 'enabled' the email so they could be changed.

Please advise,

Regards,

John

Please try the setting and if this fails we will look at enabling the mail box ^Chris