cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox unavailable

Pedto
Tuning in

Hiya there,

I need to access my virgin email account. I goto virginmedia website and login to my account, but when i click on email i get the follow message: 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

Ive done full system scan for malware and viruses (which is done on daily baises anyway)

Also to be honest, i cant remember if i even used virgin media email but find it strange i can login into my virgin media account but cant access email.

Please Advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pedto It may be that the email account has been locked by VM as a security measure.

As well as the system scan you will need to change the password for the email account concerned.  Follow these instructions:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pedto It may be that the email account has been locked by VM as a security measure.

As well as the system scan you will need to change the password for the email account concerned.  Follow these instructions:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes sorted it now,

Many thanks