Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox unavailable

olimay
Joining in

Hi there

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices."

I have contacted 150 and they have tried resetting my password but to no avail, Can any of the VM team help?

Thanks

Oli

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello olimay

Sorry to hear this has happened
Can I just ask a few questions first 
Do you have an active broadband service with us 
How are you accessing your emails 
By webmail or through a client 
Have you tried resetting the password to one you haven't used before, waiting 30 minutes then logging back in?
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I do have an active broadband with you.

I am trying to access through the webmail.

I can still sign in to my virginmedia account but not the email account. I have tried resetting the password but unsuccessful.

TheMays
Joining in

Hi VM,

I am a the primary account holder, and the secondary account email has been locked and the mailbox is unavailable.

Please can you advise?

Thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @olimay,

Thanks for getting back to us. Please can you try following these steps and let me know how things are working for you afterwards:

1. Perform an anti-virus scan on all devices you have used the impacted email account on

2. Change the password to something completely different and wait at least 30 minutes before attempting to log back in to your email

3. Change the security question answer on your My Virgin Media

4. Check for any additional email accounts that may have been created on your account

5. Check for auto-forwarding rules which may have been setup in Webmail.

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TheMays,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear the secondary email account has been locked and the mail box is unavailable. Please can you try following these steps and let me know how you get on.

1. Perform an anti-virus scan on all devices you have used the impacted email account on

2. Change the password to something completely different and wait at least 30 minutes before trying to log back in to the secondary account

3. Change your security question answer on My Virgin Media

4. Check for any additional email accounts that may have been created on your account

5. Check for auto-forwarding rules which may have been setup in Webmail

Best wishes,

Serena