cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailbox unavailable when trying to sign in to webmail

davids355
On our wavelength

Hi guys, I am writing on behalf of my client who is currently unable to access their emails. The error message they receive when trying to sign in via webmail is as follows - 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

They gave me permission to try signing in from here and I receive the same error - although I can sign in successfully to their virgin account, just not the email account.

We have also waited for the requested 1 hour, but this has not resolved the issue.

They are currently in Spain at the moment which I believe may have triggered a block on their account. I have asked them to sign up directly with the Virgin community, in order to ask directly for help. However, they are unable to access the confirmation email required to activate their account!

They are quite keen to get the issue resolved as they need to print out return tickets etc for when they travel back home in a few days time.

I don't know if there is anything you guys can do to help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @davids355

Did you get my last private message?  It should answer all your questions:-) 

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davids355 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community

Sorry to hear your clients are unable to access their email address.  In regards to joining our forum, I didn't think it was essential that they use our email address?  However, I am more than happy to help them via yourself.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

davids355
On our wavelength

Hi Lee,

I didn't even think of asking them to sign up for community with a different email address. However, as you offered, I have just sent you a PM with details as requested, so hopefully, we can resolve it between the two of us, which will be even better.

Thanks

Dave

Hi @davids355

Did you get my last private message?  It should answer all your questions:-) 

Regards

Lee_R

davids355
On our wavelength

Received and once again thanks for your help, much appreciated; the issue is now fully resolved.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @davids355

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

davids355
On our wavelength

Yes: 100% satisfied. The forum seems like a very efficient way of providing support as it is super easy to use.

Also, in the past I have seen other companies providing support via similar social channels and it is often the case that you cannot get through to someone that really has the ability to help and fix problems. However, in the case of virgin media community I have found the opposite to be true - I can see that you guys have direct access to the "backend" so to speak, and that you can make realtime changes and get issues fixed.

I would definitely describe this support channel as fantastic.

That's fantastic @davids355

I am going to send you another quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R