Menu
denilake
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

mailbox unavailable message

Hi desperate for help please  I'm not a tecchie so please be patient with me :0(

Since this morning I haven't been able to access my email inbox, the same message comes up telling me the mailbox is unavailable, to try in an hour and check my password and log in details. My other two addresses/accounts ( my billing primary) and my leisure account are working fine but this is my very important work email account and I haven't been able to access work emails all day . I have tried resetting the password, changing the browser, clearing the browser history. I have tried accessing from my phone rather than my laptop and I get the same message. I noticed immediately before it went down that I couldn't send an email, it kept saying it wouldn't send ( mailbox unavailable) and then it has not worked since. I can't screen shot the error for that message as it went down immediately following that. I would be very grateful for your help as I'd like to keep my  job in very stressful times at work - thank you for any advice  :0)  

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: mailbox unavailable message

Hi Denilake, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're having an issue with your email account, this ins't good. 

I need to pop you a personal message so we can have a closer look and get this sorted, I'll do this now and look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
denilake
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for fixing Emma 😊

0 Kudos
densmum
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Has it been fixed?

0 Kudos
denilake
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I replied on your thread so sorry if it didn't get through, yes its fixed now but nothing I did, the team have fixed it, not sure why it went wrong. The team on here will be able to fix yours hopefully as it seemed like we had the same fault ? they did recommend I changed my password after logging in, I'm not sure if my account had been hacked in some way ? . I'd better go catch up 2 days lost work now. I hope you get sorted too

Den :0)  

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi densmum

Can we help with anything at all

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Gareth_L wrote:

Hi densmum

Can we help with anything at all

Gareth_L

@Gareth_L  Densmum has her own thread here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-access-email/m-p/4245621#M191448

She is currently waiting for a response following PM exchange with another Forum Team member yesterday.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up Graham_A

Been a busy morning over this side 

Gareth_L

denilake
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi the tec team on here have done it for me from my post on here. I would start your own thread so it stands out  or ask on densmums thread as they are going to fix hers but haven't yet so they might see yours too  ?

Hope you get sorted :0)

0 Kudos