Menu
phillowe1
Tuning in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: mail delivery failed

Ok Tim, so you think that my place to start is with 1&1 ! That is going to be a nightmare I feel, I will try and contact them, so basically their server is blacklisted on a register and that has been picked up by Microsoft?
So what I don’t get is when I send an email on my iPhone using 02 network not WiFi my emails go through to hotmail address ok, they have the same email settings as my pc and iPad so surely that message must also be sent through 1&1.
I really appreciate your help thank you 👍
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Jackster001 

As @MissPasko has noted could you please start your own thread.  Please post the bounce message as even though you may not understand what it's saying we do.

We prefer to keep one thread per problem as it saves confusing the thread.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Jackster001
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 - will do, thank you.

0 Kudos
phillowe1
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi tim I have logged into my 1&1 account and found the following message, it may help with any other queries that may be posted, dont know if you can post it as a sticky

"Intermittent email issues to Hotmail, outlook.com and live.com addresses.
Email sent to hotmail, outlook.com and live.com addresses may be intermittently rejected due to Microsoft blocking some of our IP addresses.We are aware of the issue and have contacted Microsoft to request de-listing. As not all emails are rejected, we kindly ask you to resend your email again. Please accept our apologises for any inconvenience caused."
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@phillowe1 wrote:
Ok Tim, so you think that my place to start is with 1&1 ! That is going to be a nightmare I feel, I will try and contact them, so basically their server is blacklisted on a register and that has been picked up by Microsoft?
So what I don’t get is when I send an email on my iPhone using 02 network not WiFi my emails go through to hotmail address ok, they have the same email settings as my pc and iPad so surely that message must also be sent through 1&1.
I really appreciate your help thank you 👍

Without checking the headers on the received mail it's hard to be 100% sure but I rather doubt that a company like 1&1 will use a single IP for their outgoing mail (Virgin Media for example use 16 for the SMTP relays at Knowlesley and the webmail system also has several different outgoing IP addresses).  So it's possible that the mail in question went out through a relay that wasn't blacklisted.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

You should mark your own post above as helpful answer.  As it provides official confirmation from 1&1 of the fact that they are aware of the problem.

For anyone else reading this thread.  If you are sending via 1&1's mail servers then it does appear that they are aware of the issue.

If you do not send via 1&1's system then please start a separate thread.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos