Menu
phillowe1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

mail delivery failed

hi guys, I have searched the forum and got a basic understanding having read a few posts but can not find a specific answer to my problem. up until yesterday I have had zero problems and used the same setting as always, virgin is my isp and I use my own domain of phillowe.co.uk to send and receive my emails through virgin. Microsoft (Hotmail & Live) have now started to block my personal emails to my wife and my father, I am not a business and I send around ten emails per day. I have checked my pc for malware and can not see that I am sending out any viruses. I have done a user nslookup as suggested for phillowe.co.uk and It states that my primary name server = ns1094.ui-dns.biz and my responsible mail addr = hostmaster.schlund.de if that makes sense. I have tried sending an email using my mobile phone and my provider with that is o2 and that goes through fine from my email address so it is the virgin server I assume causing me an issue. I obviously need to contact my wife and my elderly father on a daily basis so I need to be able to rectfy this, please help guys and help me understand how to put it right. I have also done mxlook up and that states No Dmarc record found, Dmark quarantine/ reject policy not enabled, DNS record found
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: mail delivery failed

Start by reading this and follow the advice given to resolve. If you use your own domain to send mail via VM's servers  the e-mail is likely to end up as spam at the other end or even be rejected:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Sending-email-using-your-own-domain/td-p/3716147

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

phillowe1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for your quick reply, I read that previously before posting my question but I do not know how to proceed to rectify the details that it has shown up,
I have done a user nslookup as suggested for phillowe.co.uk and It states that my primary name server = ns1094.ui-dns.biz and my responsible mail addr = hostmaster.schlund.de if that makes sense. I have tried sending an email using my mobile phone and my provider with that is o2 and that goes through fine from my email address so it is the virgin server I assume causing me an issue. I have also done mxlook up and that states No Dmarc record found, Dmark quarantine/ reject policy not enabled, DNS record found
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If your personal domain does not have an e-mail option attached (ie you are not using a fully hosted) then the solution to your issue is that you cannot send mail using your domain name via VM's servers unless you follow the guidance in the sticky post I referred you to. If you wish to use VM's mail servers you will have to use your VM e-mail address to send your mail.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
phillowe1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

it does have an email attached as I have been using that email address for 15 years, it has all been working fine until yesterday as I stated in opening post, I have been using virgin for 12 months and it has all worked fine, nothing has changed as afar as I can see from mty end, just Hotmail has started to reject my mail
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Can you post the actual error message you are seeing?  Redact the local part of any email address i.e. the part before the @ symbol.  But please leave the domain intact.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

phillowe1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

**********@hotmail.co.uk:
SMTP error from remote server for MAIL FROM command, host: eur.olc.protection.outlook.com (104.47.2.33) reason: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [212.227.126.134] weren't sent. Ple
ase contact your Internet service provider since part of their network
is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to htt
p://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DB5EUR01FT014.eop
-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

--- The header of the original message is following. ---

Received: from DESKTOP-ST45782 ([82.20.160.250]) by mrelayeu.kundenserver.de
(mreue009 [212.227.15.167]) with ESMTPSA (Nemesis) id
1MtwQm-1gfKhn10ii-00uJO1 for <helen-lowe@hotmail.co.uk>; Tue, 21 May 2019
13:07:27 +0200
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-Id: <5CE3DBEF.000013.12760@DESKTOP-ST45782>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 12:07:27 +0100 (GMT Summer Time)
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative;
charset="utf-8";
boundary="------------Boundary-00=_FKPU8WA1VA4000000000"
X-Mailer: IncrediMail (6605344)
X-FID: FLAVOR00-NONE-0000-0000-000000000000
X-Priority: 3
To: "hels private" <************@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Incredimail test 2
X-Antivirus: Avast (VPS 190521-0, 21/05/2019), Outbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
X-Provags-ID: V03:K1:uyo0bCgXJjbNMTsqrMc2/EAOq73KhOdO+dmB6UbtswNsI48TbKk
BeDiMnzTMabmqUYFu33VW9jkUiYP5Kh0vOq4FxVwoilLGwvE2INl1vT6rIpOtlEQETEJaiH
DBx6qOYVMDKqDidc+suqx4vtnDkumLLLHuypMPuD3LWZ2hFZnWZpVSXyEUzypHMYIKmllX/
zb0jo8iotwItWTw+UG6NA==
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-UI-Out-Filterresults: notjunk:1;V03:K0:vwk3oNBk7x4=:izz6A+FmCecFfQ+zpTnucw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0 Kudos
Jackster001
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I too am suddenly unable to send to hotmail addresses, again only since yesterday! I just can't figure out why it's suddenly changed....
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I do think that Microsoft needs to rethink it's messages

**********@hotmail.co.uk:
SMTP error from remote server for MAIL FROM command, host: eur.olc.protection.outlook.com (104.47.2.33) reason: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [212.227.126.134] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DB5EUR01FT014.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I understand why they're worded they way they are but in reality they can be misleading.

When the Internet was in it's infancy your Internet Service Provider and your Email Provider were often the same thing.  However this is not necessarily the case any longer.  As evidenced by the IP address that was blocked.

C:\Users\timdu>nslookup 212.227.126.134
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

Name:    mout.kundenserver.de
Address:  212.227.126.134

Certainly if I'm reading this correctly your registrar 1&1 also provides your email service and you are actually sending through their email system - NOT Virgin Media's

Looking at the MTA's IP address and checking here:

http://www.anti-abuse.org/multi-rbl-check-results/?host=212.227.126.134

We see it's on SORBS SPAM - 1&1 need to get this de-listed.

If you need advice on SPF and DMARC - I can help but 1&1 should be able to provide you with the correct SPF record for your domain.

Tim

Use Kudos to say thanks

MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Jackster001 wrote:
Hi - I too am suddenly unable to send to hotmail addresses, again only since yesterday! I just can't figure out why it's suddenly changed....

The normal procedure on this forum is to start your own thread.  Please do so, and if you describe more of exactly what you are doing, what equipment and programmes you are using, what error messages you are getting, then the community can assist or point you in the right direction or get VM employees involved if required.  Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'