cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out of ntlworld email account

FShep
Tuning in

Hello

I have been locked out of my ntlworld email account once again - unable to access via webmail or email client.

This has happened to me several times before - every couple of months generally - and I have always been able to access my email account again by changing my password. But not today.

I changed it earlier today and was briefly able to access via my email client but not webmail. However, I was soon locked out again and decided to have one more go with changing my password but am still only getting the mailbox not available message on webmail, while my email client say "unable to verify account name or password" when I try to update with latest password.

This is an email account which is attached to a secondary account (but is the main email I use). Typically, I prefer to use webmail to access my email.

I hope this information helps.

Please could one of the forum team help me to unlock my mailbox?

Cheers

FShep

8 REPLIES 8

jem101
Superstar

Now at the risk of this seeming to be a stupid question, are you a current VM broadband customer? If yes (and good there’s some hope still), if you log into the my.virginmedia.com portal with your primary email address and password (doesn’t matter if the email address seems to be working or not, in this context it is just a username), can you see if the email address in question is listed under profiles?

John

Hello John

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am a current VM broadband customer and the locked email address is indeed listed in the "Manage accounts" tab when I log in to my primary account - this is where I've gone to change my password. It is also listed under "My Profile" when I log in to my secondary account.

FShep

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FShep wrote:

Please could one of the forum team help me to unlock my mailbox?

It would also be helpful if the cause or causes could be specified, i.e. stating it is due to suspicious activity is too vague to be of help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I can only presume I have been locked out as per the previous occasions when my mailbox was locked. I would be keen to find out if there is anything I can do to stop this happening again but I'm not sure that there is apart from the advice to change password - which has not worked on this occasion.

I'm hoping a forum team member can message me to help me with this, as I use this email address for work.

FShep

Hi @FShep,

I am very sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing your email service recently. I appreciate that's incredibly inconvenient and irritating.

Can you please check out the first post in this thread and follow the steps there? Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach

Many thanks for your reply and concern.

So it seems that the password change has done the trick on this occasion! How odd that it didn't work on Thursday (twice) - do you have any insights?

Otherwise, considered this issue solved!

FShep

Hi FShep, thank you for getting back to us!

Glad to hear you now have access to your emails again. 

I believe the reason it worked for you this time was due to the addition of running an Anti-virus scan across all devices first. (This does seem to be quite a crucial step from other similar reports of this issue.)

Alternatively, it could be if you used a new and unique password on this occasion but not on Thursday? 

Apologies for any confusion or frustration caused!

Please do get back in touch if you need any further assistance. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks for your reply Molly.

I didn't do anything different than I normally would to regain access to my mailbox, so it will remain a mystery....

FShep