cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out of my blue yonder email yet again

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

yet again I have suddenly been locked out of my email account - on Virgin website and on mail. I change my password - a real and very lengthy inconvenience, especially on Iphone as it doesn't want to take a new password - and THEN received an email saying you have a device infected with malware. I dont. I have scanned and checked numerous times. This is so unacceptable. Eventually it works again then the same thing happens - probably 10 or more times recently. It sucks - Virgin couldn't seem to care less (I was mistakenly directed to Gadget rescue by one allegedly technical supporter), or examine individual cases. Why is this happening? How can I stop it ever happening again?

9 REPLIES 9

JaneOlivia1
On our wavelength

Virgin media on twitter - the only way to reach, it seems, tell me to get help here or ring 150. 150 technical support haven't a clue.

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'How can I stop it ever happening again?

never use an isp email address. when you leave them it will be deleted anyway. plenty of good free options out there gmail, outlook etc.

no idea what an isp address is (assuming you mean that attached to Virgin). This is helpful longterm but not right now. Blue yonder has been my main address for years.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneOlivia1 wrote:

no idea what an isp address is (assuming you mean that attached to Virgin). This is helpful longterm but not right now. Blue yonder has been my main address for years.

ISP stands for Internet Service Provider.

The only advice forum members can give is:

1. you should follow the instructions that Virgin Media have posted here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...  However if you have had this problem numerous times I suspect you know the contents of that post off by heart.
  2. If that does not work you can only wait for this thread to e picked up by one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum.). They will contact via this forum in the next day or so. If necessary they can get the necessary VM technical team to unlock the account.

By the way, I can see from your posting history on the forum that you seem to be a VM customer with a broadband account but it would be useful if you could confirm. I say that because the Forum Team can only help current VM broadband customers.

I completely agree with @jamesofmerton that the only sure fire way that  you are going to stop this happening again is to move to an email account provided by a dedicated email service rather than relying on the email service provided by VM or any of the other ISPs. There are lots to choose from, see here for some ideas https://www.lifewire.com/best-free-email-accounts 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks, appreciated. Yes am a Virgin broadband customer. wasting so much time trying to troubleshoot this with zero clarity from VM as it happens over and over and I have to change password on all devices - the last time my Iphone wouldn't accept and that was a whole nightmare un itself. Email on ISP (!) currently saying 403 forbidden. I have gmail address so will start transferring this over as my main one - shame on Virgin Media though. It's really appalling. I've been with them for over 20 years on this address, so you can understand why a new email is going to cause problems and would like this service, which I pay for, to be permanently fixed. And compensation taken into account.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneOlivia1 wrote:

Email on ISP (!) currently saying 403 forbidden.

That looks like a different problem with your blueyonder account to the one that  gives the "Your mailbox is not available......try again in hour" error that can often be cleared by resetting the password.

Can you try signing in to your account on a different device and see if that gives the same error.  That will confirm the problem is with your email account not a corrupt cookie  in the browser you are using.

If you get the same error I will escalate your post to the Forum Team because, as I understand it, this error needs to be passed to the the right VM team to be resolved.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneOlivia1 

I have just noticed that @Beth_G is already dealing with this on the other thread you have running. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/i-was-forced-to-sign-up-to-gadget-rescue  so clearly there is no need to for me to escalate this thread.

Coenoby

really? well nothing has come out of that thread at all, I'm afraid. If you might please escalate, appreciated.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JaneOlivia1 wrote:

really? well nothing has come out of that thread at all, I'm afraid.

At  13.26  today  in that thread Beth says she has sent you a Private Message,  check for the purple envelope symbol at the top of the forum. private message.pngClick on the envelope and the message will be displayed.

Coenoby