cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live blueyonder email address deleted by techincal support without authorisation - help!

tmus
Tuning in

Hi - can anyone help with this???

Virgin media deleted all of my 'live' blueyonder email addresses without my authorisation on the 8th August - tech team still dealing with issue but no one within the tech team seems to know what they are doing - wasted hours on the phone to Virgin Media and constantly being told different things depending on who calls me from 'second line' tech team

I have used this email address for over 15 years, have hundreds of emails which I can no longer access - I just wondered if any one else had else experienced this issue and if so could Virgin re-instate the email account allowing access to previous emails received?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email addresses concerned were connected to your current VM broadband account there is no reason why they should have been deleted.

If, however, the email addresses were not tied to a VM broadband account they should have been deleted 90 days after the account was closed down.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to investigate further when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email addresses concerned were connected to your current VM broadband account there is no reason why they should have been deleted.

If, however, the email addresses were not tied to a VM broadband account they should have been deleted 90 days after the account was closed down.

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to investigate further when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

jem101
Superstar

@tmus most important question, are you still a Virgin Media broadband customer? If so, do you know if the email addresses in question were properly associated with this account.

If the mailbox has been deleted then as far as I know, the answer is no, it can never be reactivated.

In addition, there’s something that most people don’t appreciate, unless you owned the domain ‘blueyonder.do.uk’ then the email address was NEVER yours, it always belonged to VM who simply ‘allowed’ you to use it.

They never required your authorisation or permission to delete it and could quite legally have done so at any point.

Thanks for replies - yes the email address is connected to a current VM broadband account - Vigrin are now blaming a 'techincal issue' for deleting all of my email addresses ending in blueyonder.co.uk

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @tmus and welcome to the community.

Thanks for taking the time to post your email issues here on our forums.

As the forum members have asked, are you currently an active customer of ours?

Regards,

Steven_L

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tmus wrote:

Thanks for replies - yes the email address is connected to a current VM broadband account - Vigrin are now blaming a 'techincal issue' for deleting all of my email addresses ending in blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for the update.  The Forum Team should be able to liaise with their IT colleagues to establish what has happened.

Hey @tmus,

I can take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm some details via a private message and we can look into this further.

The private message will be sent over by myself in a moment. please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Perfect, thanks @tmus.

I have been able to look into your account but the team have logged a new ticket with our IT support team to get this investigated further.

I will monitor your account over the next few days and I will update you with anything that I hear back from the team, I hope we can get this sorted for you very soon and apologise for any inconvenience this is causing. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven - I dont hold out much hope to be honest, this has been on-going since 8th August

This will be ticket number 5 logged with team, the issue hasnt changed since day 1 and am being told different things each time I call Virgin

I do appreicate you looking into this for me though - any help is greatly appreicated!

Thanks again - Trace