Menu
daisywren
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

inbox not available

i have had a virgin e mail address for 20 years but do not have a virginmedia account - when i try to log in to webmail , its says inbox not available. 

i have recently been hacked , e bay , airb n b etc  and have managed to change the password on my virgin mail account but it still won't let me see my inbox- i need to receive codes on the virgin mail account to change passwords on other accounts . total nightmare . no one will speak to me as they say i'm not a virgin media customer , surely other people have mail accounts but not media accounts . happy to transfer everything over to a new e mail address but need access in the meantime

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: inbox not available

We'd better get the disappointment over with quickly. If you are not a VM broadband customer you have no right to use the VM e-mail system. If the account has been hacked (as you say) the best you can hope for is that VM staff on this Forum will arrange for the account to be deleted.  But you will not be granted access. For you external accounts you will have to go down the account recovery process on those sites using their procedures.  VM are not the greatest organisation in closing accounts to which there is no entitlement but once something like this happens they won't help.

It is not good practice for me to advise on what you might be able to do to get out out of this situation, but I will as possible malpractice is involved.

You can try logging in via VM's web mail system and using the forgotten password link to change your password. But this will only work if you have set up security questions and those questions  and answers haven't been changed by the hackers. Which is all too often the case. You may have to enter your answers to the security questions in all upper or all lower case letters to get this to work. 

If it doesn't work you have reached the end of the road so far as temporary account recovery is concerned, because VM will eventually identify the address in one of their regular sweeps and delete it without any warning.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: inbox not available

If having successful regained control of the email account you find webmail access denied try using an email client, for instance Thunderbird.

0 Kudos