cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inability to access Blueyonder - inability to change password - and Talk Talk apparently the reason

Mike-S1
Joining in

I am still  paying Virgin Media  for using my Blueyonder.co.uk email account.  However    I can't sign in with the new password given to me only recently by a Virgin Media operative in the Philippines ,

I can't change the password as is blithely suggested on the V.M.website  because Virgin Media won't accept my Mother's maiden name even though I know full well what it is and how it is spelt ,  Incidentally  I did try every option of upper and lower case characters . 

On contacting 150  and    with some difficulty  managing to speak to a Human being instead of a Robot I was told the reason was something along the lines that Talk Talk have taken over Blueyonder and I was  given a  telephone number to ring .at Talk Talk     Needless to say the Talk Talk operative I spoke to had no knowledge  whatsoever of this supposed take over.  

So what is to be done ?     I need emails for my business like most people on this Planet  do .!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mike-S1  The first thing to say is that the Talk Talk story is just that, absolute fiction.  The blueyonder email domain remains absolutely under the control of Virgin Media.

You state that you are paying Virgin Media to use the email address by which I take it to mean that you have a current VM broadband account.  When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username and password does the blueyonder email address concerned appear in the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile tab or the Manage Accounts tab?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mike-S1  The first thing to say is that the Talk Talk story is just that, absolute fiction.  The blueyonder email domain remains absolutely under the control of Virgin Media.

You state that you are paying Virgin Media to use the email address by which I take it to mean that you have a current VM broadband account.  When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username and password does the blueyonder email address concerned appear in the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile tab or the Manage Accounts tab?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mike-S1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you aren't able to access you Emails due to not being able to log in, in regards to Bueyonder going to Talk Talk I can advise this isn't the case, this was Virgin.net emails which went over to Talk Talk.

I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us since your last post, do you now have access to your Emails?

Regards

Paul.

@Paul_DN wrote:

Snip...

in regards to Bueyonder going to Talk Talk I can advise this isn't the case, this was Virgin.net emails which went over to Talk Talk.

....Snip

Seriously?

Thanks Paul,
I am happy to relate that I managed to speak to a very helpful operative who God bless her gave me a new password and I am able to access my emails..
All best
Mike-S1

Hi @Mike-S1,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry for the issues that you faced, but I'm so glad to hear you've now been able to access your email service.

Please do let us know if there's anything more we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!