cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

impaired eyesight and captcha

davidwogg
On our wavelength

Virtually every time I sign in to my email accounts I am asked to identify pictures. I have a rare eye condition that slightly impairs my eyesight and some of the pics are difficult to read, Also they are designed for the US as what are crosswalks, fire hydrants and presumably the taxis are yellow vehicles? Can this process be bypassed for people in my position?

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidwogg When presented with the recaptcha images there is also an option to hear an audio prompt where you type in the word spoken to you 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

AFAIK ReCaptcha cannot be disabled for specific users.

ReCaptcha can be avoided by using an email client, such as Thunderbird.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I do not think the answers given are the answer but thank you. I think the people who design CAPCHA  should  realise that there are many people in my position and there needs to be an alternative method. Also for those in the UK the pics should reflect the UK profile and not contain pics that are USA only

The alternative to hear a message is not clear and waht if a person also suffers from deafness

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe Virgin Media need to  replace ReCaptcha with an accessibility friendly / compliant service — Cloudflare  moved from ReCaptcha to hCaptcha over concerns about privacy and accessibility.

Consider giving feedback to Google here, Accessibility - reCAPTCHA Help