Menu
peteb72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

imap.ntlworld.com not responding

When trying to receive emails for my ntlworld email account I get a message as follows:

The mail server “imap.ntlworld.com”not responding.

This issue started last evening. However, I can send emails. This issue applies to Android, iPadOS and MacOS.  I also get a message when trying to access webmail that says that the mailbox is currently unavailable.

0 Kudos
peteb72
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: imap.ntlworld.com not responding

Eventually got through by phone on 150. They checked it out, temporarily changed my email password so they could log in on webmail. All now working and I’ve changed my password again.

No explanation as to what the problem really was but at least it’s now working again.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Peteb72 and welcome to our community.

We are aware of an error which sounds like the above which has since been resolved. 

How are things today?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
peteb72
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All seems ok today but it looks like someone has accessed my email as I’ve had a couple of “you have requested a password reset” emails for other apps which I didn’t request (a couple of them were marked as read but it wasn’t me). So I’ve now changed my email and some other passwords. Looks like someone had access to virginmedia’s user/password database recently.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this, if you've already been able to change the password then this should be secure for you. 

It may also be worth resetting the email address password you use for the username.

Thanks, Emily.

ginagodfrey
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My ntlworld email has been hacked so many times and I keep changing my password for me to get locked out every month or 2 😞
Someone from Virgin has already pm'd me saying they'd get back to me soon which was yesterday but I guess they are really busy. 

I just want my emails back - it wouldn't even work after changing my password and clearing my cache/cookies 😞

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ginagodfrey,

Thanks for your post. Sorry that you emails aren't working. If it's already been picked up by the forum team in a PM then rest assured it's being worked on. Some times we work in conjunction with our IT teams to sort mailbox issues. We'll provide an update via PM once available.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos