Menu
pcrabtree
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

imap.ntlworld.com not responding - how do I report this?

Help, I don't know what this means - who do I report it to?  My emails are not working

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: imap.ntlworld.com not responding - how do I report this?

You may simply need to update your settings:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-settings

Let us know if that doesn't solve it.  It would be good to know how you are accessing your emails - device or computer, app, client or web browser.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
pcrabtree
Joining in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Don't think that can be it as I also can't log in from a PC.  When I login from a PC I just get an error logging in as if I have forgotten my password, which I know I haven't.  This is logging in to www.ntlworld.com not virgin media.  Both were working fine earlier today.

0 Kudos
pcrabtree
Joining in
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I am using an iPhone 6 Plus which gives the imap.ntlworld.com error.

When I try and access from a PC it just appears not to recognise my paassword.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

In which case answer this - are you a paid up VM broadband customer whose e-mail address is properly linked to their account in My Virginmedia? Then we can advise further. iPhone error messages can be misleading.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Can you log into your billing account details at my virgin media?  Is the email address linked / visible in the account my profile or manage accounts?

Also, the settings should now point to virginmedia.com, as ntlworld server is being phased out (that's how I understand it), so you might as well update your settings now to rule out that as a problem now or in future.

new account.png

pcrabtree
Joining in
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am a paid up VM customer, I pay for broadband through a land line.  Broadband is working hence these posts.

My mobile phone is on a contract via giffgaff and uses the ntlworld domain for emails which I thought was managed by VM.  Up until this morning you could log in successfully into ntlworld.com from the Virgin Media email button on the top ribbon.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Rising star
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Trust us -- Please log into your billing account at myvirginmedia and double check that your email address is linked with your billing information.

Then please try to update your settings:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-email-settings

As you are on an iphone, this may also help as apple products have funny ways of doing things.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

@pcrabtree wrote:

Yes I am a paid up VM customer, I pay for broadband through a land line.  Broadband is working hence these posts.

My mobile phone is on a contract via giffgaff and uses the ntlworld domain for emails which I thought was managed by VM.  Up until this morning you could log in successfully into ntlworld.com from the Virgin Media email button on the top ribbon.

This bit in bold may be a big clue.  VM haven't provided a broadband service via a landline for a number of years.  If you don't have a Virgin Media broadband connection then they may be in the process of deleting your orphaned ntlworld email address.

pcrabtree
Joining in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand this, I get broadband through a land line, I have done for years.  I don't have a mobile registered with them.  I was able to login to ntlworld yesterday with no problems.  Today, I can't.  I have a recently installed VM box which is attached to the land line - I am not sure how else you could get broadband ?

Is there a number where I can talk to someone about this?  Virginmedia support?

Please I am really concerned I will lose access to my emails - noone has warned me about this, its the first I had heard that ntlworld was being phased out.

0 Kudos