Menu
Joycie1966
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

husbands email password reset is not working

HI

My husband has been in contact twice in the past 24 hours to get his email released and yet when you issue a new webmail password, they are still not giving him access. He also called nearly 2 hours ago and was promised a call back over an hour ago.

I convinced my hubby to come to Virgin as a one stop shop and he is **bleep**ed  off with not getting his email account resolved. 

He initially received spoof emails a few days ago and now he cant access either even with your resetting his account online.

If we do not receive a call back he will be cancelling the account, which I do not want him to do

please call us

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: husbands email password reset is not working

Welcome to this community, where the first responses often come from other Community members rather than VM staff.

Posting here will not result in you getting a phone call from Virgin Media staff.

Can you elaborate on your post to help us understand the issue?  Are you the VM broadband account holder or is your husband?  Is your husband's email address the primary one on the account or a secondary one?

What error message does he get when accessing webmail and has he tried accessing the account via an email client or app?

Sorry for all the questions but they are needed to help understand the cause of the issue you are having.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Joycie1966
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

He is the account holder

The email on both his phone and webmail is inaccessible. It says his account is locked. 

He called last night was given a password reset which was unsuccessful and the same again today

My email is still fine but its odd that hubby's email issue came about Tuesday when all the other issues came about with the old blueyonder/ntl addresses

I'm an ex virgin account holder of over 20 years and it took some convincing for my hubby to change

If he doesn't get an answer he won't hesitate in getting the contract cancelled as he has a short fuse

I await your response 

Regards

Joyce

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joyce, just to be clear I don't work for Virgin Media, but have been a member of this community for many years.

As the account holder what happens if your husband tries to log into the  My Virgin Media page?.

If he can get access to this as the account holder I would expect his email address to appear under the My Profile page. If your secondary account is correctly linked then it should show under the Manage Accounts tab.

VM were having major issues until yesterday with password changes but that appears to have been resolved.  If you are getting account locked messages then that might suggest either a security issue or an orphaned account issue.

You will need input from the staff Forum Team to move forward on this.  You may get a reply tomorrow, or more likely next week.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joycie1966
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Yes, he can log into the account page but when he tries to access we mail it says the account is locked hence getting the reset. He got spoof mails a few days ago hence his thinking his account was hacked. It may be that virgin have locked it as a preventative measure however his job digital time sheet goes to that address and we need this email for him to access. 

He's keen to leave virgin and this gave him reason

Please let me know what you think 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From what you have written so far it does sound like the account may have been locked by the security team.  However, if your husband can access the My Virgin media my profile page using that email address then the password is being accepted.  It does look like you need input from the forum team, they can get the account status checked by their IT support guys.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joycie1966
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham 

Hopefully virgin will call today

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joycie1966,

Welcome to the Virgin Media community and sorry to hear you're having problems with our email.

This is a known issue and is linked to our site maintenance that has over ran, please click here, which will give you a bit more information and how to get the password reset for the moment, while the site is down.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Joycie1966
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

He's called twice and had two password resets by your team, and we've carried out a password reset through the profile.

This isn't good enough. He moved supplier as I convinced him being an ex virgin customer and you are failing him on this first hurdle. 

Please get this sorted

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you feel that way Joycie1966 but our email system is down at the moment as I mentioned in the previous post due to maintenance that has over ran.

We hope to have this back very soon but haven't yet been given a fix time for the issue.

Thanks

Steven_L 

0 Kudos