Menu
kate-hall
Tuning in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to save email contacts in address book

This doesn't work. The option to add to address book doesn't appear.no add to address book.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Well we shall never know why it doesn't appear to work because you included a full e-mail address in the screenshot and the Forum rules forbid that because this is a public forum and evil people or e-bots roam pages like this to collect addresses for spammers to use. Your screenshot has been rejected for publication. If you post again then edit the image and let's see the full shot - you also cut off the margins.

I'll hazard a guess that if you look in your contacts list you'll find the address because you replied to the e-mail.  The option to add doesn't appear. Addresses are added automatically when you reply.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
kate-hall
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

HowardML,

Thanks for your response and advice. I can assure you that the email addresses do not appear in my contacts list, which is why I was trying to add them! :/

Perhaps if I explain what I'm trying to do, you could help me out?

I've got three or four friends in a local interest group and we all email each other to discuss meetings etc. I got sent an email by another person and wanted to forward onto my little group. But the email addresses of my friends are not in my address book. (Usually, in order to start a conversation I just search for one of their names, which brings up a recent email conversation and then select "reply all" and modify that, by giving it a new subject.)

So I can't forward the message to my friends by adding them from the address book, because they aren't there. I was, however, able to make a "distribution list" which I thought would do the trick. But when I try to click on the distribution list to forward the email to it, it doesn't link/fill in the "to" box. So I thought maybe I needed to add them to my address book, but the option doesn't appear for me. I'm using my laptop and virgin email open in mozilla firefox.

I'm utterly baffled as to how I'm supposed to make any of it work. I just wanted to forward one email!

(I'll not try sending another screen shot, cause I've no idea how to edit out all the email addresses, sorry!)

All help is most gratefully received!

Kate

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Start here with the basic instructions and see how you get on:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
kate-hall
Tuning in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks HowardML,
I'll see how I get on with that.
I appreciate you taking the time to help me.
Thanks,
Kate
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@kate-hall

As Superusers we do get some trust given to us so I was able to access the original image and I have edited it for you.

noadd.JPG

I'm not sure why you can't find this in you address book, but looking at the image it clearly shows an Edit link, meaning that the address should definitely be there.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

kate-hall
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Dear all,

Thank you so much for all the help and time you have taken to assist.

I finally found what I was after. The address were in a folder marked "collected addresses" not "contacts" so that's why I couldn't find them. I've not transferred all those addresses into my "contacts" folder and successfully created my a distribution list that work.

Thanks again all.

Kate

Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Glad it's sorted for you.  Please post back if you need help with anything else.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos