cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change email time out settings?

stigemat
On our wavelength

I quite like one of the recent changes to the opening screen to email in that I can easily choose which email address / account I want to open (though if VM hadn't cocked up the account last year I wouldn't have needed a secondary email address and suffered huge business inconvenience). But since then it persistently times out after a reasonably short time so I have to keep logging back in during the day while I am working; previously it just stayed open throughout the day. Is this an issue that shouldn't be here, or has an arbitrary time out period been applied? If the latter, how can I change it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stigemat wrote:

how can I change it?

In your VM webmail account

1. click on Settings (the cog coenoby_0-1660220247283.png symbol top right)
  2. then click on Security from the menu on the left
  3. change the automatic time out setting to, for example,  "1 week" or "Disable"

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stigemat wrote:

how can I change it?

In your VM webmail account

1. click on Settings (the cog coenoby_0-1660220247283.png symbol top right)
  2. then click on Security from the menu on the left
  3. change the automatic time out setting to, for example,  "1 week" or "Disable"

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi stigemat,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Can we ask if you were able to resolve this issue, with the advice @coenoby gave?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

stigemat
On our wavelength
Hi Jodi.I changed the time as suggested by @coenby and seems to have resolved it thanks

Hey stigemat, thank you for letting us know this and we are happy to hear it has been resolved.

Please do feel free to reach out if you need anything in the near future. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?