Menu
wendysinclair
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hacked accounts

Hello

Over the last few months my social media (instagram, facebook and twitter) have been hacked. My email account (blue yonder) was also sending spam email and was notified by virgin media. It all seemed ok the last weeks. Yesterday there was an attempt to login to my facebook account and so I quickly changed the password. Minutes later I started getting emails claiming to be from amazon so I quickly logged on to Amazon and changed the password. Lots of emails from Amazon came through but then disappeared. I could no longer access my amazon account. Amazon have tried to send me password reset emails but they don't arrive. I can receive other emails from amazon, just not password reset. Amazon say there is nothing they can do and that the fault lies with Virgin. I have rang Virgin and spent 28 minutes waiting only to be told they won't deal with me as I am not the account holder (he isn't here and I am the account holders wife with passwords and account numbers) so I am now at a loss. Any ideas please? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: hacked accounts

Hello wendysinclair

Sorry to hear that you have been hacked 

With Passwords and online accounts for My Virgin Media we will always need to clear security with the named account holder 

Are you able to contact the account holder at all 

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos
wendysinclair
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

He is not at home. I am his wife and I have all account details, passwords and account numbers, it used by the whole family. It is me who uses the email address.

If you are saying that you won't deal with me, I guess I'm stuck then. I've just spent an hour to get that information. Thank you, what do you suggest I do next? Just wait until my husband can be available?

Could you please get a manager to sort this out as I have bank cards attached to my amazon account and this is now becoming a real concern. 

I'm sorry this is so frustrating, I think I will have to close down the whole virginmedia account as this level of service is not what we pay for, who do we speak to about account closures please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

We can appreciate this is a very stressful time wendysinclair

As we have advised we will need the account holder to get in touch 

If you did decide to leave again it would need the account holder to contact us 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
wendysinclair
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok thats very unhelpful. It takes so long to get through to someone on the telephone and then they cut you off (yes intentionally, its happened numerous times). I cant say I've experienced such poor service from a company I pay so much money to. Perhaps someone could call me/my husband later instead of us wasting yet more hours sat in a queue?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you can ask your husband to either text us between 8am and 7pm on 07533051809 os he can join here we can pass data security and help that way
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
wendysinclair
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok well we will when we get chance, as long is someone answers fairly quickly, we cannot spend half an hour just waiting for someone to answer the phone.  If he joins on here it will be with the same email email address that I have used....as I said we are husband and wife, we all use the same account. I honestly cant believe this is so difficult for me, yet so easy for the hackers. In the meantime, I hope there isn't anybody happily using the cards attached to my amazon account 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I thought Amazon can put a block on the account until you get this sorted?  And certainly your bank can put a block on your payment cards!

As you have access to the email and billing account log on NOW and check the settings to turn off any filters and autoforwarding - there is more advice here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Good luck.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
wendysinclair
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok thank you, I'm logged on now 

0 Kudos
wendysinclair
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok so there was no email address in the box for autoforwarding, but the was a filter set for amazon. I have removed the amazon filter, is that right?

0 Kudos