cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message re credentials

Frogzone
Joining in

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.

Please change them.mail authentication issues. please can someone help resolve this issue its causing untold problems

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Frogzone wrote:

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider.

That error message normally also specifies the affected email address.   Don't post the address here

The first thing to try is to see if you can clear the problem by resetting the password.

Sign in from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the affected VM email address and existing password of the account.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then click on the "Update settings" tab and then  the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password. While you are on that page, make sure you set up a Password Recovery Question that should ensure you can use the Forgotten Password route in future.

If you can that you will have updated the password on the VM server and you now need to enter that password into the settings of the email client or VM webmail account that gave you that error message. The wording of the error suggests you are accessing this email account via VM webmail.

If so, sign into the webmail account as your usually do, click on the cog symbolcoenoby_0-1669480630050.png then on Accounts.

You should see a list of the email address you manage through webmail. Find the one that's giving you that problem and click on edit.

Scroll down the page and enter the new password in the Incoming server section.

Post back if you still have problems or cannot follow what I have posted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Frogzone, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

How have things been since posting?  Have you been able to resolve your issue by following the advice from coenoby?

Regards

Lee_R

BAli2022
Tuning in

Hi

I am having the same problem, first noticed via a send/receive error in Outlook..

"Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for 'myemailaddress'@ntlworld.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for 'myemailaddress'@ntlworld.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'  "

I've tried to log into webmail and while I can get into the account, when I go to email for this second email address it gives the error message
"The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them."

I haven't changed my credentials recently, so can't work out...
1.  why it's having an issue
2.  what to do to gain access again (it's been down since 15th Dec, I was giving it chance to resolve itself)

Many thanks
Ali

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BAli2022, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Have you been able to follow the steps which @coenoby has outlined above, we know they can be really helpful! Please let me know. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Ryan

I have tried to follow the steps suggested above and can log in using the credentials but it says the emails aren't available so try changing your password, and I end up in a loop of sign in, oops, a mixture of red and then purple screens.

I can see the server details for incoming and outgoing but when I enter my password it says the credentials are not right.

I don't understand why it's changed nor what to do to get my emails back.... HELP!!!

Hello again

Happy to report that we did manage to change my password and can now access emails again from mybphone, will try the outlook client on the laptop another time!!

Thank you

Hi BAli2022,

Thanks for posting your update on this Email issue, I am sorry it cropped up but I am so happy that you managed to get it resolved yourself 🙂

If you experience the same issue with this, please let us know and we will be happy to continue to help.

Thanks,

Megan_L