cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 0x800CCC0E

Trisha28
Joining in

for 5 days now Outlook on my computer shows this error code and will not download my ntlworld emails. I don't now what changed on Saturday. Despite googling I can't sort this out. 

25 REPLIES 25

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Untick check IMAP.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Trisha28

I don't think I can add anything to what ravenstar68 has said so far.  If you could follow that advice?

Regards

Lee_R

Thank you, Tim.

I've unticked the IMAP box, saved, and restarted the computer ( just in case) and still my e-mails don't come through.  I still have the same error code.

Hi Lee,
I've followed that advice but still get the same error code.

Thanks for getting back to us @Trisha28

Can you please confirm whether or not you have more than one Virgin Media email address and if so do you have the same issue with both?  I know that may sound a silly question.  I just want to be sure.

Regards

Lee

The second Virgin Media address is redundant and not on Outlook. I use a gmail address on the same Outlook and that isn't a problem. I'm getting those gmail e-mails.
Thanks for your help

Thanks @Trisha28

When you say redundant do you mean it's disabled?  Or do you mean it's unused?  If you can use it, is there a chance you could try accessing via outlook?

Regards

Lee

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Trisha28 

Personally if it was my PC I'd try uninstalling Kaspersky altogether and see if the problem persists.

0x800CCC0E - is a very specific error code - It means, "I can't get a connection to the server".  However from the curl test, we know that you can.

IMAP servers don't know what programs are trying to connect, all they do is listen for a connection on the designated port and handle the connection appropriately.

Therefore if curl can connect, there's no conceivable reason for Outlook not to connect either.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi , I meant unused.  I can try accessing via Outlook.  I'll give it a go.

Hi,

I just tried adding my unused ntlworld account to Outlook. The suggested ports were 143 and 25 so I changed them to 993 and 465.

I then got this error message

"The connection to the incoming (IMAP) server was dropped. Please check the incoming (IMAP) server settings and try again."