Menu
VIPerson
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

emptying spam folder

In another posting someone said that the spam folder empties after 30 days. Mine has 300 spam the earliest dated 11/12/2018!

Will VM empty it soon as its filling up with the sysprem.com  and now clialiedge.com mail that keeps coming which I have blacklisted

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: emptying spam folder

The process to empty the spam and trash folders does seem some what sporadic, but generally happens around once a month.

MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Feel free to delete them yourself if they oppress you. I tend to empty my Spam folder every few days.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I didn't mention that option as all it does is move them to the trash folder.  Again this is supposed to be auto emptied by VM approximately monthly.

MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

I didn't mention that option as all it does is move them to the trash folder.  Again this is supposed to be auto emptied by VM approximately monthly.

Agreed.  My personal system is to double delete.  I delete the contents of the Trash folder every day - that reminds me that the Trash folder is not a storage area!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'