cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails

Gnash
Tuning in

An email account was set up and used until yesterday when my password was asked for and when confirmed was not accepted. Where are my emails!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gnash 

Have you tried changing the password for the email address concerned?

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gnash 

Have you tried changing the password for the email address concerned?

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you Graham for your advice. My e address was a subsidiary and was removed from the online Virgin web page therefore I could not change the password. As the frustration rose, and desperation in day 2 set in and not realising what had happened,after posting, I decided  to contact them hoping to get a flesh and blood reply. Not the easiest conversation, first to try and communicate, me with a strong Scottish accent, and a reply that was difficult to understand. Eventually Rachana was able to help and changed the password.

In their wisdom Virgin shut the email address down through suspicious activity, and caused mayhem at my end. Don't ask me why, but I uninstalled my outlook page and MS office in the process. There must be an easier way for Virgin to contact me (email, or phone) and inform me that my email page had been shut down and the advice on the way to get it reinstalled!

But again, thanks so much for your time and guidance and very prompt as well....I appreciate it.

Gmash

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for updating the thread.  VM do lock email accounts when they detect suspicious activity (as do other email suppliers by the way).

The usual way to unlock them is to change the password.

Secondary accounts all have their own My Virgin Media accounts so the process to change the account password and other details is via the same link I set out in my opening reply.  The proviso being that the email account must be part of a Virgin Media broadband account.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Gnash, thanks for posting on our forum page with your issue.

Sorry to hear you had an issue with your email account being locked and you could not access your emails due to this previously, I'm glad to see you have received some useful replies from our insightful forum members about it already.

May I just ask, has this helped you sort the problem out and manage to reset your password for this email account?

Just a kind advice: when this happens and our security team locks you our due to suspicious activity etc, always do a password reset and use a brand new and secure password that has not been used in the past for this account. This will help you avoid getting locked out again in the event your password matches an older one on the record.

Let us know if everything looks ok now or if you still need our help? 

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs