cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails to yahoo addresses are being treated as spam

mikes2400
Fibre optic

When I send emails from my Virgin email account (blueyonder.co.uk) to two different Yahoo users they are suddenly going straight into their Spam Folders, not their Inbox. They are perfectly normal emails with no attachments or links, and It's not happening with emails to other addresses.

I suspect that only Yahoo can fix this, but is there anything that Virgin could do about this situation?

45 REPLIES 45

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @mikes2400,

Thanks for your reply. Can I just confirm, are any other Yahoo email addresses that you can email and do not have this problem?

Or are these two the only Yahoo email addresses you email at all?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

They are the only two that are Yahoo.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mikes2400,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing and that there are no further Yahoo emails that we can run some tests on.

Can you tell us if the previous participants were able to receive your email? Have you been in touch with Yahoo to see if this is something that they can have a look at on their end?

Keep us updated if you can,

Thank you

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

My emails to Yahoo are still going into the Spam folder (athough they have started marking them as 'Not Spam). I'm in their Address Book so it it should not be happening at all.

I can't complain to Yahoo because they only accept enquiries from Yahoo customers. But you could contact them - that's the reason I posted here. But if Virgin are not prepared to take it up with Yahoo then there has been no point in me telling you what is happening.

Have you asked the friend that has the Yahoo email to chase this up with them at his end?

Alex_Rm

Yes I have

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this mikes2400.

We can ask the relevant teams to check for any issues from our side, I'll need to confirm the details with you via PM so please look out for my message and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

Just wondering if this discussion is still ongoing? I am having the same problem. Two of my friends, both with yahoo email addresses (one yahoo.com and one yahoo.co.uk) have stopped receiving my emails from blueyonder.co.uk. I have just tested this by sending a message to an account I have (at ymail.com) and it went straight into the spam folder. This has only started happening in the last 3 months…

Unfortunately this was never resolved and is still happening. The Virgin forum team made a brief - and unsuccessful - attempt to investigate it but never seriously pursued it. They said it was up to Yahoo to resolve. It's clear that Yahoo are regularly treating lots of ordinary Virgin emails as spam, so the Yahoo filters are faulty. I've had no problems with any other recipients - only people using Yahoo email.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I’m assuming you haven’t tried contacting Yahoo yourself?  If not, I’ll have a go!