cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails saying my mailbox will be deleted soon

penhilchippyman
Tuning in

Hi Guys

I have had 10 emails in the last 48 hours from  Virgin media about my email box, I  have just received another one that says the following 

Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear Customer ,  You received this mail due to service maintenance   as your mailbox will be deleted soon kindly do this To renew your account please click below.

SECURITY ALERT TEAM

©2021 Virginmedia mail-pageAccount 

,P.S  do i click on link  or is it a spam.

Just tried to send email to my wife using my ntlworld email and it wont send , but i can receive from her.

so do i need to click on the link in the email i got from virgin media 

2 REPLIES 2

Sololobo
Superstar

It has all the hallmarks of a scam.

I'd be very wary of using the link.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sololobo wrote:

It has all the hallmarks of a scam.

I'd be very wary of using the link.

Good call. Definitely not from Virgin Media; forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it ― this should be the case as it was mention here Latest Phishing News 16/06/2022 - Virgin Media Community - 5042463

Checkout posts by Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks