cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails not working

nelson1975
Joining in

my emails have stopped syncing, virgin media have trouble shooted and deleted email account aand now unable to re-install

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

Right let’s back up a bit here, you can no longer connect to your email, right? First question, do you have a current VM broadband account? Second question, when you try to connect, do you get any error messages? Can you connect via the web mail interface? (mail2.virginmedia.com)? 

Thanks for response.

Correct, I can no longer access but think I've worked the issue out just a shame they didn't before uninstalling my email account to try and rectify reinstalling! I have not been a customer of VM since December 2020 and it would seem from other responses I have seen they eventually deactivate your email. Without informing it would seem! 

Hi @nelson1975,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are not able to access your email account. We do usually delete email addresses 90 days from disconnection but sometimes it can get missed. If you are no longer an active broadband customer, this would explain why you can no longer access it. As per our t&c's if this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you. 

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs