cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails not received from Asda

Nic20
Joining in

I note someone else has had this issue.  I order my weekly shop from Asda every week and all of a sudden about a month ago I stopped receiving their emails. First it was the email telling me what substitutions they were sending, then it was the confirmation order emails as well and now I am not receiving emails from Asda George when ordering clothes either.  Checked spam, filters etc. etc nothing obvious there. Receiving emails from everyone else I would expect to. Very odd. I have rung virginmedia and unfortunately the person I spoke to was very unhelpful, asking me if I had googled!!!

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nic20 wrote:

I note someone else has had this issue. 

Checked spam, filters etc. etc nothing obvious there.

Any suggestions?

I am not sure I have seen a forum post recently regarding emails specifically from Asda not arriving. However, there are often posts regarding the non receipt of emails from various organisations. Often the cause never seems to be identified but those that have been solved have been down to a number of different causes. 

Without a copy of Asda's outgoing email log or non delivery report for one of your missing emails it is very difficult to identify what has happened to them. Sadly when asked for any additional diagnostic information, most organisations simply default to the mantra "everything is fine from our end, it must be your email provider blocking them."

The fact is though that Asda have access to more information about those missing emails than VM does. It would be worth at least asking Asda if they receive any error message or non delivery report when they email you but experience suggests that you need to be prepared to be fobbed off.

You say you have checked the filter rules and there is "nothing obvious there".   My first suggestion would be that if there are any filter rules at all set up in your VM Webmail account I would disable all of them for the moment and see if Asda's emails start coming through with your next order.

The reason I suggest that is the VM filter rules can sometimes have unexpected and unintended consequences and disabling them wil at least rule that out as a possible cause.

The other thing is it might be worth checking the spam setting in your Webmail account. Sign into your webmail account and follow steps 1 to 4:

spam settings.png

Post back with how you get on.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Nic20, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're not receiving Asda's emails.

Please don't confirm your whole email address on here, but does your email address end in either @ntlworld.com or @VirginMedia.co.uk?

I'd also advise following @coenoby's helpful advice too, as this may provide the answer for you in terms of seeing if your email account is rejecting Asda's emails.

Please let us know how you get on!

Many thanks

Tom_W